Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Shoes that support your feet for weight lifting

Lumberg

New member
I have noticed that when I go heavy on lifts that put pressure on my feet, the next day my feet can hurt. What are some good options for shoes to wear for leg presses, calf raises, etc?

I have a pair of boots that would be perfect but they are too big and hot.

Are oly wight lifting shoes godd for this type of thing? Or only really for lifts from the floor?
 
I have always read that old school converse "chucks" work well for weight lifting purposes. I cant vouch for that, I wear some relatively harder soled running shoes when I do my leg workout and they seem to work well. I have never had a problem of feet hurting so I dont really know how to deal with this problem. From what you are describing it sounds like a lack of support.
 
I'm looking for something where the soles dont' flex.

I think the only real purpose of chucks is for deadlifting and even then it's iffy.
 
I use Oly lifting shoes for leg work because I can't squat flat-footed w/o them.
 
Oly shoes definitely have good arch support they make me feel like I'm bolted to the floor, well the Addidas ones I have anyway

I have chucks as well and they don't offer the same arch support
 
CCJ i was hoping you'd respond to this thread.

How do the oly hoes compare with the feel of a sturdy pair of hiking boots
?
 
Well having never worn hiking boots I can't compare directly, but I suspect oly shoes are a lot more solide. The heel is made of wood, there is zero give. Hiking boots are still amde of elather and synthetics so there is still some give

The stiffness and big arch support of oly shoes can cause your foot muscles to ache a bit though when you start wearing em.
 
how can you haev one shoe for aerobics, martial arts, AND weight lifting?

I bet a Nike cross trainer does just as good a job at that.

I'm looking for something more rigid. Something you wouldn't want to do martial arts in.
 
Damn i never thought about this before. I wear nike airmax's (the ones that have the buble going along the whole shoe) and even tho im not there yet, with enough weight they might pop!
 
even with an air pocket itll make your feet go into an awkward angle, possible affecting the amount of weight you can do on lifts like squats and deads
 
ColdCut said:
Damn i never thought about this before. I wear nike airmax's (the ones that have the buble going along the whole shoe) and even tho im not there yet, with enough weight they might pop!

LMAO There was a thread about a guy who popped his Nikes on heavy squats a while ago!
 
i workout in Nikes and they suck for deadlifts. last time i did deads, which was a while ago since i havent been able to lift for a few months, i used my timbreland boots because they have flatter soles and gave me about 1/2 more ROM, it felt way better then with my Nikes.
 
forcelow-white.jpg



Seriously? That'd be pretty cool if I could use those for squats. I'm using running shoes with the air bubles popped right now. The heel is elevated a little so it's pretty easy to get into a full squat, but it's not a stable/solid surface at all.
 
those are the low tops they have high tops that have more ankle support and a velcrove strap also. really nice shoes for lifting and squats..... trust me try them.

go to nike.com to look at them or ebay !!!
 
forcemid-white.jpg


Like this?

I sort of like no ankle support. You need your ankles to have room to move on full squats. I'm used to it anyway.

What do you all think of the low or mids?
 
I have a pair of Vans that I actually feel real secure on when I'm squating. Some extra arch support in there would be nice though.
 
Top Bottom