Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoes for lifting AND running

Graceless

So I realize that, generally speaking, you're not supposed to lift in running shoes. I have Romaleos for heavy squating and olympics, but due to injuries, I no longer squat or dead super heavy. I'm sick of having to bring two pairs of shoes to the gym (I run every day). I've heard that New Balance has a shoe that works for both lifting and running...can anyone shed some light on this and/or suggest another shoe that could be used for both?

I love my Inov-8 195's for if I am doing a WOD that has running and weight lifting. the 0 drop gives you a good solid base and stability while lifting and even though they are a light- minimalist shoe they still provide pretty good support for running. I have also hear the Reebok nanos are really good for this because they have a really low profile heel with a wide toe base for stabilization while lifting but provide pretty good support while running. Ill run up to 4 miles at a time in my INOV-8 shoes, but If I go any further than that I wear a pair of shoes specilized for distance running.

well you better make sure your running shoes are always cycled and top notch quality.

you really don't need to worry about having the perfect shoe when you lift. so your strategy of just using your running shoes to run is smart to give them more longevity. if you don't care about that then use your running shoes when you lift too, but remember to get new ones sooner.. do not run on worn shoes, this is the biggest mistake newb runners make. and walmart shoes aren't gonna cut it.

The Reebok Nanos are pretty good.

So I realize that, generally speaking, you're not supposed to lift in running shoes. I have Romaleos for heavy squating and olympics, but due to injuries, I no longer squat or dead super heavy. I'm sick of having to bring two pairs of shoes to the gym (I run every day). I've heard that New Balance has a shoe that works for both lifting and running...can anyone shed some light on this and/or suggest another shoe that could be used for both?

I have a pair of new balance minimus that feel good on my feet. I probably wasn't supposed to put an insole in them but I did for greater arch support

Vibram Five Fingers alllll the way! I train crossfit in them. Trek Sport. KMD Sport & KMD Sport LS

Sent from my DROID4 using EliteFitness

Reebok Nano 2.0

You might as well end this thread now. That shoe is made specifically for lifting heavy ass weights and then banging out a few miles.

Top Bottom