Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sex and muscle growth answers

Ok, here we go:

A while ago some board members (Icculus, benchmaniac) asked about any relationship between sex and muscle growth. The responses they got were a bit juvenile at times and I don’t think the question was satisfactorily answered. Therefore I did some research on this issue and came up with the following:

“[] According to a study conducted by Carl J. Charnetsky, professor of psychology, and Francis X. Brennan Jr., assistant professor of psychology, at Wilkes university in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, it seems that people who engage in sexual activity once or twice per week have substantially higher levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A (IgA) than those who have sex more than twice per week. (For the record, those who have sex once or twice per week also have higher IgA levels than those who have sex less than once per week or have no sexual activity.) IgA, which is found in all mucosal lining of the body and in the blood, is the most prevalent of the five major antibodies that work as part of the body’s defense mechanism against disease. The general function of one’s immune system can be inferred by measuring IgA levels. []”

“[] Prolactin is a hormone created during orgasms that makes you relax and feel calm after climaxing. It’s responsible for putting men in the ‘refractory’ following an orgasm. That’s the period it takes for a man to be motivated to start humping again.”

The above advice was given by Laura Moore, in Australian Ironman vol. 8 no. 3, in response to a readers question on frequent sex.

It seems as though there is evidence to support moderate sexual activity. As far as training intensity is concerned it doesn’t seem to be the lack of testosterone as a result of sexual activity (which has not been substantiated anyway) that seems to be responsible for athletes loosing their edge. Hormones such as prolactin and serotonin play a key role in relaxing the body – the presence of these after sex may be the cause of lower athletic performance and less build up tension and aggression. Which would be a good reason for athletes not to have sex before competition.

As far as sex and testosterone levels go. There is some evidence that no sexual activity can lead to a drop in testosterone levels, but none that I have found that very frequent sexual activity alters testosterone levels significantly. However, on frequent sexual activity the following should be noted: The testosterone produced by the male body is used first and foremost to bring sperm cells to maturity. If the body is very active in producing sperm cells (due to high frequency of sex and orgasm) does this mean that there is less testosterone available for other functions such as supporting muscle growth?

This is a hypothetical question that may be worth examining further.

If any of the above information is not quite accurate, don't flame me, correct me.

Perhaps some other more knowledgeable board members can put forward more info.

hardgainer (truly)

Seems pretty usefull information to me

(which means we have to skip one or two horizontal workouts to have better gains)

About the serotonine...

For the matter of curiosity and science on 2 occaisons i took some small amounts of MDMA powder before training. I felt that indeed you are too relaxt and too satisfied to grunt out grueling reps with heavy weights...

However, when I did aerobics, it was AMAZING , felt very good, warmed up and could go on like forever....

So I think that aerobics after sex is a worthwhile activity...:p

Seems pretty usefull information to me

(which means we have to skip one or two horizontal workouts to have better gains)

About the serotonine...

For the matter of curiosity and science on 2 occaisons i took some small amounts of MDMA powder before training. I felt that indeed you are too relaxt and too satisfied to grunt out grueling reps with heavy weights...

However, when I did aerobics, it was AMAZING , felt very good, warmed up and could go on like forever....

So I think that aerobics after sex is a worthwhile activity...:p

nice info thnx for sharing. I was a bit dismayed on how their questions were answered. I mean I don't think anyone in their right mind would change their activities even if it came out that it does lower test lvls for a bit. That doesn't mean we shouldn't understand the effects though.

Whats that guy captain america? No umm captain planet. Always said

Knowing is half the battle.

Enock said:
Whats that guy captain america? No umm captain planet. Always said

Knowing is half the battle.

NO!!! That's from the safety message at the end of every G.I.Joe cartoon, not Captain Planet!

Captain Planet is a fucking dork.

G.I.Joe were the defenders of the free world against terrorism (the evil Cobra organization).

A big difference.....

BTW, good info absolute hardgainer.

Captain Planet is a fucking dork.

lol yeah, the show was on right before the show I used to watch after school while I ate. So I always caught his damn end lines.

G.I.Joe were the defenders of the free world against terrorism (the evil Cobra organization).

The only reason the cobra always lost was those damn red lasers they were forced to use. The good guys had those blue ones that always hit instead of always missed. I'm surprised cobra never caught on.

A big difference.....

BTW, good info absolute hardgainer. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, about whether frequent sex/hence sperm production affects testosterone availability for muscle growth - I'd still like to hear from some knowledgable board members on that issue.

hardgainer (still looking)

Hey guys, I have also been searching an awnser for the subject, one thing I noticed when the day before I went to the gym and was sexually active, my bench press went down like 20 lbs, and I found myself struggling to push up weights once, that I could usually rep a couple times (I was very dissapointed).

Here is some info I found in my research:

" When boys become sexually active, they often become zinc-deficient, because semen is zinc-rich.
Increased zinc loss through sexual activity must be balanced by increased zinc intake. Teenagers
usually give sex, but not zinc, a lot of attention." -- Fats that Heal Fats that Kill by Udo Erasmus, pg. 346

I thought this might be linked with what caused me to get so weak and I found this:

" Zinc: This mineral has been shown to naturally increase the testosterone production in the body.
Testosterone is the muscle building hormone. It is also a safe alternative to various understudied
pro-hormones such as androstenedionne. "

Zinc is also good for other things like strengthening the immune system, etc. Read:

http://www.grillo.de/echemie/zink.htm

I think there is more behind it.

Sex is good, maybe evey now and then, just don't over-induldge yourself in it.

Top Bottom