Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Serious Growth Training Journal

Interesting thread, man. I hope you're able to continue with the program. If you can get through it, you'll definitely see the huge results you're looking for. Just wait until you drop the volume down. You'll explode :)

The one concern I have is how much food you're taking in. It really isn't enough to support twice a day workouts. I know you're trying to drop a little flab. But think about this.... like you said, lifting twice a day is going to jak your metabolism up like crazy. You're muscles will be adapting to the loads of volume. Your joints are going to take a beating. I think you need more food to keep your strength up and help you recover. Mainly the second. Because if you're taking in 2000 calories per day and you aren't able to recover, then you aren't going to be able to go through with the rest of the program after a week or two.

It's up to you, but my feelings are that if you were to "eat big clean" you would be able to get your body all the nutrient's your body needs to recover while also slimming down a good amount just from all the volume.

Good luck.

DAY 6- FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2001

CARDIO- 10 minutes of low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout I + 5 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout II.

COMMENTS- Workout I was okay I guess. Used legs too much in behind-neck presses. Somehow I have been really weak with delts lately I am guessing because of chest work the day before. Delts got a pretty good workout along with traps. Rotator cuffs were kind of stressed throughout workout on upright rows a lot. Decided to use the strap neck-developer to thicken up neck which I have realized is a weak point in relation to my traps and delts. Neck was killing during exercise and really throbbing hours afterwards felt totally exausted. Need to bring up traps and neck a lot in my opinion. My delts to trap relationship is very good right now (I have very wide bone structure) but I want huge traps to have the powerful look. Workout II was really a good workout in my personal opinion. REALLY good triceps workout pump and feeling of exaustion really took tris to the limit. Calves also had a great pump and burn really hammered them HARD with lots of weight. Abs got a good burn.

DIET- haha GODDAMNIT! I followed a high-protein, moderate-carb, and low/moderate-fat diet all day long until around 10:30 PM. I was at this carnival with my girlfriend and I was just STARVING as hell. I was completely dying for food I hadnt had my last meal for like 3 hours. So we ended up going to Grotto's and here we go. I ordered soda instead of water, I ordered a combo-apetizer where I ate cheese-sticks, chicken wings, fries, and onion rings... I had a ham sab with cheese and mayo. Then I went home and had a big piece of my sister's birthday cake! Then I went to bed. WHAT THE HELL?

SLEEP- 7 hours 45 minutes... felt better today although still a tad drowsy during Workout I somehow... dont ask me.

SUPPLEMENTS- 5g creatine + 5g glutamine along with high-glycemic carbs immediately after each cardio session postworkout + 2 Dymetadrine and 30 minutes before each workout as well.

TRAINING-
Workout I. Back, Forearms.
standing behind-neck presses 125x10; 125x10; 125x9; 125x8
wide-grip upright rows 95x10; 95x10; 95x9; 95x8
one-dumbbell side laterals 30x10; 30x10; 30x10; 30x9
dumbbell shrugs 80x10; 80x10; 80x10; 80x8
strap neck-developer 80x10; 80x10; 80x9; 80x8

Workout II. Triceps, Calves, Abs.
lying ez-bar ext. 95x10; 95x10; 95x9; 95x8
ez-bar pressdowns 160x10; 160x10; 160x9; 160x8
one-dumbbell overhead ext. 30x10; 30x10; 30x9; 30x8
standing smith calf raises 320x10; 320x10; 320x9; 320x8
seated calf raises 300x10; 300x10; 300x9; 300x9
leg-press calf raises 720x10; 720x10; 720x9; 720x8
seated leg tucks 15x15x15
cable crunches 150x15; 150x15

TRAINING LENGTH- Workout I was around 35 minutes and Workout II was around 45 minutes.

WATER- didnt really take in enough water today... really was kind of thirsty because of all the sweating I did... it was SOOOOOOOOOOO humid outside! Holy shit.

Last edited:
Yo Karellan... yeah definitely I hear you man. I definitely need some more food and maybe even a few more supplements to help out my recovery. I am sore as fucking hell right now. Your right dude I dont think that I realize how much I am working out and how little calories I am taking in. I do need like a shitload of protein along with some carbs and fat. For some reason I am just wanting to drop bodyfat I guess now that its summer and thats the reason for the fat-burners. Yeah thanks a lot for the reply though dude seriously it really opened up my eyes. I mean I probably have around 190 lbs. LBM (according to any bodyfat read I have taken or read) and I probably would burn around 2000 calories just sitting around doing nothing alll day. Let along working out twice a day intensely. :)

Last edited:
DAY 7- SATURDAY, JUNE 16, 2001

CARDIO- 30 minutes low-intensity stationery bike first thing in the morning on an empty stomach - 30 minutes after taking Adipokinetix.

COMMENTS- felt good today with a lot of sleep. Wanted to workout but knew that it was a rest day so I didnt. Really am tryin to recovery alot today since this is my only rest day trying to take in a lot of calories. BINGED ON DIET FOR NO FUCKING REASON! FAT>

DIET- took in a lot of calories today... a lot of protein moderate carbs still. Trying to really get ready for the next 6 days of two-a-days working out. OMG! Listen to this... Really messed up this time. Was at the mall and decided that for some reason I would eat like a fat disgusting SLOB! I went to Taco Bell and ate just about everything they had, had ice-cream, had candy, and just about every sugary fatty food you can possibly think of. I NEED TO GET SOME FUCKING DISCIPLINE! FUCK! I will seriously fucking shoot myself if I cant stick to a simple fucking diet no matter how many times I am training.

SLEEP- 9 hours, 45 minutes! HELL YEAH BABY! Thats the way to sleep... just woke up and about to hit-up some early morning empty stomach cardio since today is a rest day. Probably going to do 30 minutes watching Pumping Iron baby greatest movie ever. Not to get off subject but that one scene at the end cracks me up its backstage before the 75' Olympia and right after Arnold is done pumping up his huge massive bis with a strict set of barbell curls Serge Nubret looks at him and goes, 'I look like I can take you.' And Arnold looks over and laughs and says, 'ahh.. yeah, keep looking.' Haha talk about confidence hes the greatest.

SUPPLEMENTS- 2 Adipokinetix 2x today.

TRAINING- REST.

TRAINING LENGTH- N/A.

WATER- took in a lot today which helped out alot felt better with a lot more water in me.

Last edited:
Yo Phemomena yeah I never included this in any of my other posts I am unable to train legs unfortunately due to knee surgery (I had a benign tumor in my left knee removed and have had ACL and MCL problems ever since then) and also due to a weak lower-back. According to my doctor I shouldnt be doing any direct lower-back work and really shouldnt be training all that heavy but oh well. I LOVE the feeling of heavy weights so I just gotta deal. Peace. :D

Last edited:
DAY 8- SUNDAY, JUNE 17, 2001

CARDIO- 10 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout I + 5 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout II.

COMMENTS- Felt VERY VERY VERY FLABBY today due to retarded fucking binge last night. I cant believe how little discipline I have sometimes. I mean yesterday I didnt even fucking workout and I binged on my goddamn diet. I know that a cheat meal here and there is okay but stuffing until you cant move for a couple hours is ridiculous. Workout I was good definitely not intense enough though. Back got a good workout and so did forearms they got a great burn with all of the wrist curls. Back got a good pump and so did forearms.

DIET- today really payed attention to keeping protein high, carbs moderate, and fat relatively low. Need to keep it up NO MATTER WHAT happens. Discipline + Consistency = Results.

SLEEP- 9 hours! Feel so much better with more sleep holy shit I cant believe how much a difference sleep can make. Its incredible what a huge difference sleep can really do for you. Soreness drops just everything is better mood etc.

SUPPLEMENTS- took 5g creatine + 5 glutamine immediately following each cardio session postworkout with high-glycemic carbs. Also took 2 Dymetadrine 30 minutes before each workout.

TRAINING-
Workout I. Back, Forearms.
v-bar pulldowns 135x15; 135x15; 135x14; 135x13
wide-grip bentover rows 135x15; 135x15; 135x14; 135x13
seated close-grip straight-bar rows 135x15; 135x15; 135x14; 135x13
one-dumbbell wrist curls 30x15; 30x15; 30x14; 30x13
reverse barbell wrist curls 65x15; 65x15; 65x15; 65x15
standing dumbbell twists 30x15; 30x15; 30x14; 30x14

Workout II. Chest, Biceps.
incline barbell presses 145x15; 145x14; 145x14; 145x10
dips (bodyweight) 15x14x13x13
flat dumbbbell flyes 50x15; 50x14; 50x13; 50x13
standing barbell curls 70x15; 70x14; 70x13; 70x13
dumbbell preacher curls 20x15; 20x15; 20x15; 20x14
reverse ez-bar curls 50x15; 50x14; 50x13; 50x13

TRAINING LENGTH- Workout I was around 30 minutes, with ~90 second rest periods between sets and Workout II was around 45 minutes, with ~90 seconds rest between sets.

WATER- took in enough all day long. Not too little and not too much but could use a little more none the less.

One part of the program that I didnt pay attention to last week was my rest periods in between the sets. I dont really know how I forgot to do that but I guess I just didnt think it was that big of a deal. I realize now that it is very important to this program along with my calories I really need to keep my calories high and VERY clean. The last thing that I want from this program is excess bodyfat especially during summer. I am flabby enough as it is I can [COLOR=dark-blue]BARELY[/COLOR] see my abs right now as it is. Its just really sad how out of shape I got over Fall/Winter/Spring. Too much binging like what happened the past two days.

Last edited:
DAY 9- MONDAY, JUNE 18, 2001

CARDIO- 7.5 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout I + 7.5 minutes low-intensity stationery bike immediately following Workout II.

COMMENTS- felt good today I guess Workout I was good. Need to go heavier on one-dumbbell presses but really hammered side-delts with heavy partials. Need to thicken up side-delts to get a really wide look from the front and back. Also need to really thicken up traps at the uppermost portion right next to the sides of my neck maybe hit them with some close-grip upright rows me next workout cycle. Workout II was a good workout for the most part. Unfortunately I was fucking rushed in the gym which always pisses me off. But triceps definitely got a good workout. Great burn with higher reps and same goes for calves. Really took calves to the limit with VERY short rest periods. Decided to do 8 sets of seated calf raises because my soleus REALLY needs some work jesus my gastro's are looking pretty good thick from the back not too great from the front but my soleus really needs some work. Abs got a good burn as well.

DIET- ate clean all day with a lot of protein and not too much carbs or fat. Ate a few Nitro-Tech bars today which tasted all right but contain all whey protein which is a good source for me it really helps me recover from some of these workouts. Glad to finally be getting some sleep again its about time. That has really helped me out I think.

SLEEP- 8.5 hours sleep last night. Good amount but I am ready to take a nap right now. Feel a little drowsy and need to get pissed off and get energy up for my next workout in two hours. Took a nap for around 30 minutes I guess maybe 45 I dont know and felt better afterwards.

SUPPLEMENTS - 5g creatine + 5g glutamine postworkout/cardio along with high-glycemic carbs and whey protein, 2 Adipokinetix 30-45 minutes before each workout.

TRAINING-
Workout I. Delts, Traps.
standing one-dumbbell presses 30x15; 30x15; 30x14; 30x13
partial lockout side-laterals 40x15; 40x15; 40x14; 40x13
wide-grip upright rows 65x15; 65x15; 65x14; 65x13
barbell shrugs 155x15; 155x15; 155x14; 155x14
strap neck-developer 35x15; 35x15; 35x14; 35x13

Workout II. Triceps, Calves, Abs.
decline ez-bar ext. 65x15; 65x15; 65x14; 65x13
dumbbell overhead ext. 70x15; 70x15; 70x14; 70x13
overhead rope ext. 80x15; 80x15; 80x15; 80x14
seated calf raises 300x15; 300x15; 300x15; 300x15; 300x14; 300x14; 300x14; 300x14; 300x13
leg pres calf raises 520x15; 520x15; 520x14; 520x14
seated leg tucks 15x15x15
twists 50x50

TRAINING LENGTH- Workout I was around 25 minutes, with under ~90 second rest intervals between sets. Workout II was around 40 minutes with under ~90 second rest intervals.

WATER - took in an okay amount all day. Need more in my opinion needed more during each Workout and more just overall.

Last edited:
You probably fell right to sleep after the cake because of the insulin spike. That shit hits me hard too when at birthdays n shit, eat some cake, and I'm a slug.

Actually despite the fact that it may not be a good idea to use fat burners during this program since you need so much energy. I can still see reason to them for that fact that they curb appetite. I'm not saying eat less, but from the looks of things you fall off your diet once in a while, probably at night. Use to happen to me too, I would be talking on the phone and grab a small handfull of chips, thinking ahh it won't kill me, but I would do it from a little of this and a little of that and repeat snacking on all sorts of weird things that just arn't that good. See w/ an appetite surpressant, you don't really end up doing that. It helps you stay eating clean, because when you do eat its more of a concious effort to eat because you know you need to and you know what you should put into yourself. Instead of the body subconciously helping you meet your requirements by having you snack on everything before your sanity has come back.

Not too mention I'm sure the energy effects of the stack helped through some of the grueling workouts, too bad the energy effects dies after time.

Yeah definitely dude I hear you. My fucking insulin most go through the roof when I binge on shit late at night like that. I usually end up shitting like the entire next day lol. So it obviously really fucks up my body big time. :mad: I really gotta keep my eating habits under control whether its day time or night time or Im home alone or with my girlfriend.

Yeah fat-burners help out a LOT energy wise and they help me from gaining unwanted bodyfat. I mean foreal bro working out twice a day its tough I mean you need a hell of a lotta sleep you need supplements for recovery (which I am going to be loading up on the next few weeks- ALA, more glutamine, ZMA, ps, etc. etc.) But anyway yeah bottom line is that I gotta keep my eating habits to a T to succeed with this program. Honestly I dont think binging once I week (after 12 training sessions) will effect my body composition THAT much but its still not good for my system like my body cant take it. Of course with my appetite I feel like I can but in reality I cant.

Top Bottom