Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Routine check

RedRiver

First, thanks for the advice on my last post. I'm a beginner looking to lose fat (10-15lbs) and tone up, build a little muscle for now. Just want some opinions on the routine I've started. I workout in my basement with a bench and free weights.

Mon- Chest/ Tri's / Shoulders

Bench
Incl. Bench
DB Flies
Front Raises
Side Raises
Military Press
Tri Extensions

Wed- Back / Bi's

Deadlift
Bent Over Rows
Standing Curls
Seated Curls

Fri - Legs
Squats
Hamstring Curls
Calf Raises

Cardio - 7 days - 20min on treadmill

Any major exercise missing? Add something, remove something? Any advice appreciated. Thanks for the inspiration.

This routine look pretty solid but I'd have to know how many sets you're doing on each exercise to give you any worthwhile feedback. For instance, Day 1 could be a little too much depending upon your training volume.

Also, I would not do cardio everyday, even if your looking to lose bodyfat. You will need at least one day of doing absolutely nothing for recuperation, two would be better.

Sometimes, the best way to tweak a program (especially as a newbie) is to simply try it for couple weeks and see how it works. If your spending too much time on Day X, or feel unusually drained after Day Y, then you will need to adjust.

Everyone is different...:)

Thanks GenetiKing:

Mon- Chest/ Tri's / Shoulders

Bench 3x10,8,6
Incl. Bench 2x10,8
DB Flies 2x10,8
Front Raises 2x10,8
Side Raises 2x10,8
Military Press 2x10,8
Tri Extensions 3x10,8,6

Wed- Back / Bi's

Deadlift 3x12,10,8
Bent Over Rows 3x12,10,8
Standing Curls 3x12,10,8
Seated Curls 3x12,10,8

Fri - Legs
Squats 3x10,8,6
Hamstring Curls 3x14,12,10
Calf Raises 3x20

hey man that sounds good, very close to my routine except that i monday and friday switched. And yeah Geneti king is right, 7 days of cardio is too muuh, cut it down to 4 or 5 days, you're body definately needs at least 1 day of doing nothing to recover, and increase the cardio to 30-40 minutes instead of just 20. You'll get better results. Good luck.

~WizKid :kaioken:

Top Bottom