Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ronnie Coleman & Strongest Man Competition

pintoca said:
And your previous dogatar was much cooler... bring it back, do it, now!!

Hey relax! I did not realize someone else had this avatar. I had gotten it at some avatar database on the net and thought it was cool.

Scotsman said:
In my opinion Ronnie would not do very well at strongman comps. First off he is a little on the short side at 5'9" whereas the average strongman is 6'-6'2". I am 6'2" and it isn't uncommon for me to be the shortest guy at a comp. Secondly he wouldn't have the functional strength to compete. This has been a failing of American strongmen for years, they are weight strong but not funtionally strong in off balance movements. Thirdly he isn't very mobile and that is a must in the new strongman comps as half of it is running around carrying things. Like most of the guys on that amount of AAS he breaks a sweat standing still. Even Pudianowski who is a monster isn't anywhere near as big musclewise as Ronnie plus is four inches taller and weighs less. There is some carry over from powerlifting to strongman but not a huge amount. Just being strong is helpful but not everything, it takes a lot of practice and total focus to be a pro. Lastly Ronnie is getting a bit old to be switching sports especially to one that is super tough on your body like strongman.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Well, some good points there. Maybe if they'd caught Ronnie earlier in his career......

Scotsman is right. While Ronnie is gym strong he is too short for strongman comp. He wouldnt get his arms around objects like the larger atlas stones and lift them on to the barrels. He would struggle on the throwing events as well. He would do well on partial deadlift as you can use straps. The strongman guys are full of drugs as well. Jon Paul Sigmarrson died quite young from heart failure. There have been a few more who have just disappeared. Pudz would have been using a stimulant and a masking agent which would give a positive. Have you seen how big Juako Ahola is now. I read an article how WSM guys use to train then get on a drip etc to put electrolites and anything extra back into their systems.

Top Bottom