Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest time!

hamo

Hey guys, I have just started to do leg workouts for the first time ever really. Mainly squats, now before i couldnt put size on to save my life but over the last 3weeks of adding squats to my workout i finally feel like im making some gains again. My only concern is my rest times for legs, what should i do if they ache still? just grit my teeth and man up through it? or do you need to feel like there full rested? Apart from increasing the possibility of injury what would happen if i worked legs everyday ? thanks.

Man up and do it. As long as you realize theres a difference between an ache and a pain. Work through the aches, check out the pains.

Also, you probably dont want to work legs every day. Are you utilizing deadlifts at all? If not, definitely add them to your routine. Try doing squats one day a week and deadlifts another.

I will be sure to start adding deadlifts in once my gym re-opens, thanks for the advice dude. I will be training legs 3 times a week and hitting up HIIT on the days inbetween. I aim to keep protien high and man up through the aches. cheers again.

when i did squats for the first time, i fell out of bed and couldn't walk the next day. I did them 3 times a week for a while with no pain at all, so your body will adapt to them pretty quickly imo

Hey guys, I have just started to do leg workouts for the first time ever really. Mainly squats, now before i couldnt put size on to save my life but over the last 3weeks of adding squats to my workout i finally feel like im making some gains again. My only concern is my rest times for legs, what should i do if they ache still? just grit my teeth and man up through it? or do you need to feel like there full rested? Apart from increasing the possibility of injury what would happen if i worked legs everyday ? thanks.
Working legs everyday will not give you gains, in fact you prob wont gain at all. You need to give your body time to rest and grow. Only work the same body part every 3-5 days. That is how i do it and i still grow even at 260lbs. As for the pain, as 75th said if your still sore then man up and get it done. If its injury pain be smart and dont do anything to that body part.

Top Bottom