Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Relaxing Hip Flexors

2Shy

I'm probably making this harder than it is, but I'm having a mind/body problem here ....

From what I understand, everything is kept tight in a box squat except you release the hip flexors briefly while on the box.

I can't seem to do this without loosening up other muscles, which I don't want to do.

Westide Barbell says in an article "When you are on the box, relax the hip muscles for an instant, then forcefully flex them by pushing against the bar. This will cause the spinal erectors to instantly flex, which activates the hips and then the hamstrings."

What does it feel like when the flexors are relaxed? Where do you feel it? Or is this one of those things that is difficult to describe?

I'm not sure I can describe it, but think of it as taking the pressure off your quads and transfering your mental concentration to the heels while flexing your bum.

That's a crappy explanation...lol

Let me give it more thought.

i dont even think about relaxing/reflexing, it just happens.

concentrate on sitting into the box, just let your glutes kinda unflex, then reflex them instantly by pushing out on the sides of your feet, pushing your knees out an arching your back really hard.

Thanks Lady & Gent. That does help. Sounds like what I've been doing. Wasn't sure it was right since I could feel both quads and glutes loosening up just a tad. It sort of naturally happens, doesn't it?

Top Bottom