Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Regaining muscle lost in catabolic state after sleep

mike25

So, i got little sleep, maybe 5 hours and then had some work to do the next morning. I ended up walking about a mile after this. I believe this overdrove my catabolic state.

Got home, ate a decent meal, but i believe it clearly wasn't enough. Took a nap for about 5 hours.

I woke up and it looks like I lost 1-2 lbs of muscle, maybe more, flexing in the mirror. Is this temporary? Will it regain naturally if I eat better in the short term future? Is the only solution to learn from my mistake and continue my daily diet and excersizes and pay more attention to my calories and protein in the future?

FYI, if you're wondering, i'm all natural as well, towards the beginning of my muscle building activities at about 140-145, about average height.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you are actually serious or not, but it is physically impossible to lose that kind of muscle mass in a day, and there are numerous studies that show that it takes in excess of 40 hours of fasting before catabolism comes into play. I'm not saying I'm an expert on this, but I do know more than the average joe on the topic of intermittent fasting and its benefits.

Losing muscle mass comes from poor nutrition, lack of/ poor training, or being in a continuous caloric defecit over a long period of time. (Usually weeks or more)

You were just flat.. happens me when I don't have any carbs. You didn't lose any muscle

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom