Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

recommend me a weight program to get ripped

entourage

hello,

I am looking for some advice, I am 26 and have crohns disease, as a result I am 8.5 stone, having dropped lots of weight.I am going on holiday in May and want to get ripped and bulk up a few stone.

which supplements do you consider to be absolutely essential to achieve these goals? and which are simply not needed, or maybe a luxury.

So far i have signed up to the gym and have bought some reflex nutrition native whey.
I am looking for the very strongest multi vit which provides large doses of everything, because with my condition I don't get everything i need from food.
what type of cardio. how many times a week to get super ripped?
I am already quite lean due to the weight loss, but there is hardly any muscle or definition as i lost this with the weight.
I want to get in the best shape I can to help my health and the holiday is 9 months away so is a nice goal.
any advice from the vets?
Also I dont know which weight lifting program to follow? I hear so many theories on 5x5 etc its hard to know which is best, how many times a week should i train.
also anyone know a staple of say 20 foods that are the best?
I want to have a 6 pack and obliques for the holiday, you can already see my obliques due to me being so thin from my disease.

this is not just about looking good for my holiday but more about trying to get my health back to peak fitness, is there any other natural supplements that people take just for overall great health? i hear fish oil is great.

any advise would be appreciated.

Hey bro I know you have been on EF since May 2010 but since you only have 6 posts Im gonna welcome you in.
So Welcome to EF and we are glad to have you.
There is an excellent diet section that you should check out.

Ok now lets clear a few things up.
You are already lean so for you to get serious about working out lets just drop the getting ripped part of your above. The reason for this is that already being lean and with Crohns you will probably stay that way. In reality you cannot cut (get ripped) and bulk at the same time. So in your case lets look at putting some muscle on you.

As far as supp are concerned Protein Powder is the only real essential IMO. Right on par with that is FOOD and a heck of a lot of it. To gain muscle mass it takes a lot of lean clean foods. Again in your caae I dont think you really need to be too concerned about getting fat cuz you gonna be working out HARD and will be a calorie burning furnace. That along with your Corhns is gonna make it tuff for you but you can do it.

With the Vitamin you may find it more cost effective to buy a regular off the shelf and just dbl the dosage, just a thought.

For your workout, as everyone on here knows I love the Strong Lifts 5x5. It is simple and extremely effective. BUT you have to eat to support the program. If your afraid to eat like you wanna grow then this nor any other program is just not gonna work for you. To gain mass it is all about eating first, resting second and working out third.

Top 20 foods......
MEAT and LOTS OF IT! All kinds of meat, lean cuts of beef or 98% lean ground beef. Even lean pork!
Eggs and milk. Lots of both.
Excellent stand by, Natty Peanutbutter and Jelly sandwiches on whole or multi grain bread.
Lots of mixed nuts without peanuts.
Veggies
Cottage cheese 2%
In your case pizza once in a while. Also for you McDonalds once in a while if you like it.
Yogurt low fat.

Thats a start for you bro.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Hi Zed

Many Thanks for the warm welcome, I am new here essentially, as when i signed up in 2010 I didn't have crohns disease, and was actually 14 stone.
the last 12 months have been hard, but I am now fighting fit and getting things back together.
Thank you for taking the time to write detailed response, it has been a great help.
I see i have not really got a clue, and trying to bulk and get lean, as you say at 8.5 stone, I dont really need to concentrate on getting lean
the biggest improvement i will see is from packing on some muscle.
So I have my instant whey, i am going to order a strong multi vit and start the 5x5 program
I will keep you posted, feeling very inspired to do this,my health is an added incentive

Good for you bro. Believe me if you do the program and eat to support it you will be a very happy camper. Do that program EXACTLY as it is written. Do not add or subtract anything. It would be awsome if have to time to put up a log of your progress too bro. You can do that right here in this section.
Best regards bro and best of luck to you!

diet and cardio are the key factors... other then that lift hard and heavy

Top Bottom