Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rant about gym here!!

JDid23

lately since my gym has been getting more and more crowded with new people, i feel like ranting each workout. Today someone stole someone elses straps and said they were his, and when the guy had his name on them he flipped! was funny

I am doing something from Saibot to help bring up my back squat numbers, and today when i was doing my working sets 2 guys who go to the gym often asked to work in. He said he was going for 4 plates on each side, and tried to look all badass while i did 155x5x2 (light squat day). He told me that doing 5 working sets is absurd even if it's 2 reps cuz i'll be tired, and i said that i am doing a specific thing to bring up my squat, but he still said to trust him as if he is my mentor for helping me correct skull crushers form one time lol.. He then did squats with 135,225,315,405 and progressed from doing 1/4 squats to 1/6 squats to 1/8 squats to 1/10 squats. I honestly felt like taking the 315 with the little thing that doesn't let you feel the weight like he did and squatting it 1/10 so my legs bend then i come up. His friend did the same with 185 and 200 and his knees came over his toes and his ass didn't come out @ all and his friend said "great shit, keep it the fuck up". I would have said something, but when i told the same guy that his form on deadlifts was absoultely fucked (in a nicer way of course), he said that it's all about pulling heavier weight and that if he's pulling 315 that he's doing something right. His back wasn't arched, his shoulders were WAY behind the bar, and the bar was far away from his body, so when he said to trust him that he was doing it the right way, i said ok good luck.

That's my rant :) i figure a thread like this is good to unleash your rants!

Hahaha that guys a douche

My gym is public, the YMCA in Canada so lots of people go there. And EVERY year, January till about Mid-February to March its always packed. . . People i have never seen before in my life just working out, and always taking the Bench Press, or Squat area. Then i always ask the guy how many sets he has left, and he tells me 2 so i just go and do the elliptical (nothing else to do) waiting. Periodically im looking back to see if its done, i see its done i hop off and starting walking over. Some dude, just comes over right when i stand in there and puts plates on saying he was using it. . . so i just fucking left and did abs until i could do my military presses,squats, and bent rows. dude was a complete fucker, no point in arguing cause it would seem pointless.

just ask to work in man... people should be fine with it- at least they are at my YMCA in NJ for the most part.

don't do abs before you do the compounds either.

My gym only has 2 squat racks, and only one of which i can take the olympic bar to do my dead lifts :(

Top Bottom