Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

quick Deadlift question... about a thread before

RGS83

I remember reading before on here, that you don't need a ton of weight as you do for other exercises to get a solid workout doing Deadlifts....
Why is that?

I'm doing the 5x5, and although you start out slowly, the goal is progression.
However, when doing stuff like deadlifts I've always been a bit afraid to go for too much and toss out my back.

I recently just started doing them, and although compared to many on here my DL weight is tiny, i can feel it in my lower back!!

REMEBER I ONLY STARTED DOING DL's!! and didn't want to go too heavy too fast and toss my back.
But last time i did em I did 4 sets or 12 reps. Weight was 70/80/80/90lbs

What do you guys think? I know it's nothing, and I can likely add some weight and drop some reps.

Given i'm doing 5x5 what do you think I should start with. (first bit is easy in the 5x5 remember)

Also, can someone quickly validate my DL form. I found it hard to get a detailed view on exrx.net of it, and i don't want to take a chance with these and throw out my back.

-Start as if you were squatting. Overhand grip.
-Pressing up with your legs until straight. While going up, also straightening your back.
- At the top roll your shoulders back.

Do the opposite to lower.

Thanks again guys.

Cheers.
Ryan

I personally always feel it in my lower back,and I'm repping with 350,so I'm no superstar either,it usually goes away after a couple days,so I've gotten used to it.When I first started deads,my whole back would tie up in knots.

Starting with light weight is a good idea until you get more comfortable. If you do them consistently, you'll be doing a good amount of weight after only a few months. It's not a race to 315 or anything.

Also, don't go crazy leaning back at the top. Some people's idea of lockout seems a bit skewed.

Top Bottom