Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question: one set vs multiple

Complete Muscle said:
The answer to this is highly subjective: I personally seem to respond best to around 8-10 reps on upper body exercises and 12-15 for legs.

how is it different from person to person? is it the slow/fast twitch muscle ratios? also, how are you legs different than your arms?

This is something Ive been doing a lot of thinking about too so what I started doing is doing 2 heavy sets and more exercises.
Here is my quad workout as an example:

Leg Ext.- 2 sets of 20 reps
Back Squat(Core of Workout)-1 set of 12, then 3 heavy sets 6,4,2
Front Squat - 2 heavy sets of 6-8
DB Lunges - 2 heavy sets of 8-10
Leg Presses - 2 heavy sets of 8-10
Leg Ext. - 2 heavy sets of 8-10

11 Working Sets Total but all heavy and still variety. This is also my "cutting" routine and it takes about an hour. I workout 4 other times a week and do HIT cardio 2 times per week. So far so good but obviously I will overtrain if I stick with this routine for longer than 2 mos or even faster perhaps.

ne1 wanna give me some info, links or ideas? i really dont like how stupid idiotic posts getting 10x more replies than legit questions

Not just multiple sets...102 sets per body part has been praised by the hardcore vets of this board as ideal

:nerd:

Top Bottom