Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question: Close Grip Bench stronger than Normal Bench

I use pure chest, back, and delt strength while pressing.

A wide grip works best for me. . I can use 75 to 90lbs more using a wide grip.

Damn cursed triceps!!!

Atomic Punk said:
I mean, my CGBP's weren't stronger than my benches, but at my strongest, I was getting 370 x 4 on bench, and #315 x 5 on CGBP's.

That sounds like a pretty serious close grip. How close are your hands? Can I ask what you weigh and at what height? Its inspiring me to do close grips again. I was able to knock off 7 at 255 a year ago, but have not done them since. My hands were inside the knurling doing the close grips on the shiney part.

My best close grip is 275 for 6 on flat and 275 for 1 on incline. What type of grip do u guys use

Lord_Suston said:
Rev, means your shoulder can't take the weight and your chest needs more work bro

Agreed.

I have the same problem rev. Only I know that it's simply a weak chest. My back, shoulders, and tris are plenty strong. But my chest has always lagged. And I've tried everything.

My CGBP (just started doing them again recently) is now about 30lbs shy of my regular bench, and will likely surpass it before long.

Generic MALE said:

That sounds like a pretty serious close grip. How close are your hands? Can I ask what you weigh and at what height? Its inspiring me to do close grips again. I was able to knock off 7 at 255 a year ago, but have not done them since. My hands were inside the knurling doing the close grips on the shiney part.

Ring finger on the line of the outer diamond grip.

Top Bottom