Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about workout and trainning

E

EarthRider

I am right now doing a lot of endurance sports. I can right now road bike for 60 miles, and run 6-8 miles. I am training for a triathlon which will be in May, so I have a lot of time. I am wanting to put weights back into my routine, but I don't know a good schedule to do that. Here is my workouts as of right now.

road bike 2 x per week
run 2 x per week
swim 2 x per week

I go mountain biking also, which I will do 2 times a week too.

Now I don't know where to put weights in, or if I should bother with it. I really only want to gain strength in my legs, but after a leg workout I am so sore I can't train run or bike for several days. So it screws up a whole day of training for me. I work out six days a week. Any help would be appreciated from those who endurance train.

I would say if you want to continue to train than do it - Seems like a lot of the pros do it in the off season. but your goals should not be to kill yourself. If you can't work out for a day or 2 after try toning down the workout and next guage how you feel the next day. When you get to a level where you feel you worked hard but can still train the next day slowly step it up from there.

No need to kill it on leg day at the gym - you want to maintain your speed and athletesism more than anything.

Good luck.

Top Bottom