Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about training frequency

I like most of you enjoy going to the gym. I love lifting and that becomes a double edged sword and make me suseptable to over training. Currently I do 1 body part per day to total failure.
Mon Chest/Cardio
Tues Back
Wed Shoulders/Cardio
Thurs Arms (tri's first then bi's)
Fri Cardio
Sat off
Sun Legs

I mix things up as far as exercises go and focus on compound movements but I am stuck at a plateau. Diet is dialed and clean. Am I in your opinion over training? Should I be taking more rest days? And last, if I were to combine some body parts would I be ok doing cardio on my off days or do I need those as "rest" days. Thanks

The same thing happend to me. I was working the same routine as you and I hit a plateu. I switched to a routine with a little less volume and better structure (5x5) and I have been getting results from it. After this Im going to try hst.

1)The bad things I can spot by glancing at your routine, is that you pile up your large muscle groups together in 3 days in a row, which might interfere with optimal rest/recovery, therefor deteriorating possible better performance as well as hindering gains.

2)You put cardio and off days together as well, since cardio is just like an off day, I would insert the cardio day somewhere else.

Maybe :

Arms
Back
Shoulders
Off
Legs
Chest
Cardio

Top Bottom