Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about stretch marks

Lee

Well Ive fluxuated in weight a lot the past 3 or 4 years, and in doing so i have so gnarly stretch marks all the way around my lower abdomen, mainly in the front of my stomach. Im planning on starting a cutting routine in the next couple of months and am curious if there is anyway to get rid of the stretch marks after i lose the weight, or am i just doomed forever.

You're doomed. I still have stretch marks on my legs from growth spurts as a teenager. There are some topical medications to help minimize them but upon close inspection they will always be visible.

Reactions: Lee
ekk, no real way to get rid of them. I have some on my sides from a significant weight loss. I've tried vit E oils and fading creams, but nothing ever worked.

laser surgery (peel) is an option. Some procedures are getting pretty inexpensive - you may find a doc to do it under 1K.

I used Mederma (pretty freaking expensive) and vit E - both worked so-so but nothing significant. (Mederma was better).

go see a dermatologist..they have laser treatments and other treatments to get rid of this, other than that, a plastic surgeon or live with it :p

thanks guys. im gonna look into that laser treatment for when i drop some weight.

If the stretch marks are pinkish/red (newer), Retin A might work. If they are white(older), it might not help as much. If you see a dermatologist, maybe he can give you a Retin A sample first to try. Sometimes Retin A causes itchiness though so be careful. I think the laser is the most advanced technique so far, might be expensive though. Best of luck. Sarita.

Lee said:
thanks guys. im gonna look into that laser treatment for when i drop some weight.

If you ever get laser take before and after pictures - and post them if you ever get the chance. I'd love to see how well it comes out. I have some small stretch marks (and some scars) I'd love to get taken care of (when I win the lottery and get some $$$).

Top Bottom