Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about my supplements

Phemomena

Okay, this may seem like a stupid question to some people, but over the past year or so, my list of supplements has grown (and continues to grow)... i was wondering if anyone could provide me insight on what to take/not take together...

i'm speaking first and foremost from a medical standpoint (i think i've ruled out taking things together that'll kill me since i'm still here and typing) but are any combinations going to be detrimental to my health in the long run?

secondly to provide the most effective use of the substance by my body? any synergistic effects if two or more are taken together (i know of some and try to make sure those are taken together currently)?

here's the list of stuff i take (or will be taking in the next month or two) in no particular order (i'm not going to say when, how much and which together, since i want to hear your opinions, not mine ;) )

protein powders
glutamine (Lglutamine)
creatine
ECAs (Xenedrine)
Anavar (just started)
Clen (next month)
multi-vitamin with iron
vitamin c
EFAs
Calcium
Ginger root combined with Turmeric
MRPs (with 100% RDA of most vitamins)

is that it??? wow seems like so much more (i feel like i'm always choking down some pill or another) well if theres more i'll let you know...

other things that i occassionally throw into the mix

advil (for those feminine times)
alcohol (less and less these days, maybe a glass of wine with dinner, and IF i go out 2-3 drinks max)

thanks for any help anyone can provide! (once i get some responses i will reveal what i currently do if you're really interested)

phem

oh, and anything that i'm missing that can help let me know... i just love freaking my coworkers out with all these little misc. pill bottles and such... they already think i've lost my mind anyways :)

Hi Phem,
what a healthy gal you must be!
Multi vit are best absorbed with a solid food meal, not protein shake, so they they stay in the system longer. Calcium needs some magnesium for maximum absorption- sometimes causes drowsiness-women tell me they feel tired all the time, I ask if they are taking Calcium throughout the day- by changing intake schedule, they feel better. Calcium best in chelated form dissloves better, and better if taken toward end of the day w/ evening meals- not before workout. No multi vit before workout either, so to no hasten the burning of it out of the body. Timed release vit dissolve even slower, so we keep more of it.
Vit C leaves the body so fast that small doses all day are best- 500 to 1000 mg ea dose. Higher doses cannot be absorbed, just causes yellow urine.
The MRP, glut, & creatine go well together pre & post workout when we really need them.
Anavar- have read this can cause upset stomach if taken on empty stomach, so best right after meals- only 'read' & 'heard' this, starting mine next month too, so cannot say from experience.
I hope some of this info may be useful for you.
All the best in your quest for ultimate fitness- good health to you! :twirl:

thanks flex!

most of this i did know, execept for what actually made the peepee yellow :) i know you need the fats w the multivitim to, for better D absorption...

just started the Anavar last night... felt a little weird at first, stomach was very slightly bothered, no problems on this morning's dose... i'll keep ya updated though...

oh and glut (lglut at least) isn't effective with protien, at least that's what i heard...

keep the responses coming, i love to learn new things!!!

Phem -

Lobo posted an excellent thread about what vitamins to take - you might check the "Best of" thread somewhere on her (I don't have time to look for it right now). He lists the vitamins, etc. explicitly and then looks at some of the products out there that include those as components in the correct (or closest to correct) amounts e.g. the ratios of E - C - A and and the fact that Twin Lab Ripped Fuel seems to come in the closest to it.

For your list - I wanted to add to Flex's comments about when to take calcium (at night), and also that magnesium will help support that absorption. (Often you see calcium & magnesium in combination at the health/supplement counter.)

Also do you include anti-oxidants in there? Especially if you are taking AS. Green tea extract rocks!

I am also becoming a great proponent of spirulina in the morning - mix w/ some juice. While I'm on my juicing kick, watermelon juice is great, doesn't taste too bad and is a great natural diuretic. I mix the spirulina w/ that and my EFAs. Tastes like )(#&)(@&#, but hey - are we really doing all this stuff because it tastes good???

I also include kelp for the iodine component to help thyroid activity.

I am also including some adrenal pills to support the adrenal glands.

While I'm at it, I throw in cranberry extract and milkthistle for liver (or is it kidney??)

So basically I have the same huge pile of supplements on my counter that you do, plus 4-5 bottles of stuff I carry w/ my food cooler all day. Gotta love it!

Phem,
Thanks for the info on glut- did not know this, always been putting it in the shake.
Had understood vit D needed w/ calcium & mag for better absorption, then I studied further- many sources say the only vit D we really absorb of any benefit is from sunshine...?
Would be interested in your progress w/ the anavar- dosages, times taken
Not taking the extract as Sassy, but traded in coffee for green tea some time ago- benefits cannot be beat-and my teeth are whiter too.
Always looking forward to more info from you gals on this board- love to learn & hear new ideas
keep on flexing :twirl:

hey phem... ur list is pretty darn close to mine:) . def. keep us updated on ur anavar cycle. im starting my first AS cycle in a couple weeks. im doin anavar/ clen then maybe ill throw in some primo for the second cycle.sooooooo heres to all us pill poppin sistas!! --KBgrl

thanks for the replies guys...i've been looking for WL's post but havent' found it yet... (havent' looked hard though)

Sassy, thanks for reminding me about the antioxidents i meant to pick some up last week... forgot, but i just got some after my work out (legs :freak: :bawling: :bawling: )

maybe i'm wrong about the vitamin D, but i know one of them needs fat to work, i'll check into it further...

thanks again, any more comments/suggestions?

thinking of picking up some melatonin for the nights where my kittens jump on my head at 3 in the morning and i cant get back to sleep... (which have been many lately)

so, let me throw that into the list above

A few more for ya :)

Hey first of nice avatar!
Another thing the Vit c doesn't make you pee yellow, its b6, or one of the b vitamins. If you wanna find out, don't take your normal stuff one day, but take a b50 complex or two and wait a couple hours, you'll pass for a paint bucket hehehe.

I'd suggest taking some ALA maybe before your work out, so your post work out meal (I REALLY hope your doing that its great for recovery/growth) will be more effectivly absorbed. Slin would be better.. but hehehe thats just my opinion :fro:

Top Bottom