Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about Morning Cardio!!!!

tricepula

I know you burn fat most efficiently if you do it in the morning before eating, but what about a protein shake before? Is the protein going to be used to power the cardio? The problem is that my muscles want protein when I wake up and I don't want to burn muscle!!!

The ideal way to do early cardio is to eat fruit and a bit of protein before hand (20grams). If you want to use carbo drinks, use one that is a low glycemic or slow burning fuel. After the workout, within 30 minutes get more protein (larger amounts) and at this time you can eat the fast burning carbs like bread, pasta, bagels and the like. Your body can use the fuel after the exercise.

Forget the carbs and protein.Take 6 grams glutamine 15-20 minutes before cardio.This is the preservation method thats worked for me.

:) Spoken like one who knows!

You may get many different answers to this question and you will have many different choices to make.

Limiting your choices to Glutamine seems rather boring and over simplified.... but may very well work for some.
I have nothing bad to say about it.

How anyone can knock fruit and protein at any meal is rather interesting.

The key is to not spike your insulin levels. Keep the insulin low by not eating until after your cardio. Glutamine is good before.

anything you eat before doing cardio will be used as energy to fuel your w/o before your body taps into your fat stores. I like Yll and TheManChild's ideas best. otherwise your body isn't touching the fat - UNLESS you do such an intense cardio w/o that your body uses what u ate, then moves to the fat, then continues to burn fat after you've stopped w/o.

ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR CARDIO WORKOUT.

life sucks..sure you can eat a protein shake before cardio, and your still going to burn fat, but its more effective to do it just after wake up on empty stomach because you have just fasted for 6-8 hours and the benifts of cardio when you wake up are much better...no pain no gain..then again you dont want to loose muscle...glutamine seems like a good choice, but just think about what you want more...to burn fat or be big...your not going to burn up your muclse just cause you do cardio in morning without eating...

As long as you keep your blood sugar levels low you'll burn fat well in the morning.

So eat what you want, but no carbs.

Morning cardio might be a little bit better but I think that a total calories deficit for the day is the most important.
Cardio is mostly done to burn calories so your body is in a deficit for that 24 hour period.
I don't really think that a session in the morning will be better at "burning fat" than at other times.

Top Bottom