Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about DHEA

Miss24k

Platinum
Ok so I know some of you ladies have taken Dhea, so my question why were you taking it?

Basicly why would someone take it?

Its basically a dumbed down pro-hormone.

It has some merit but typically the best results are in older women.

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/hormones/a/isdheaforyou.htm

Note the comments about sex drive.

imo - that's simply from the participants feeling better about their overall appearance, etc. There is no clinical way to quantify those results. 20% of those women actually had androgenic(think test but less intense) side effects.

Does it have use??

Yes....quite possibly - but mostly for those women who need HRT of some sort.

Anyone considering a drug tested show would be most wise to steer clear.

I have a few clients who have asked me about it (females) and I knew some of the ladies here have or are taking it so I thought I would ask about it, I knew nothing.

Thanks for the answer S and the link. :)

I know willow was taking the derma boost with dhea and had lots of goos things to say..I
also think topical delivery of dhea is much more effective then oral.like shadow said though Anyone considering a drug tested show would be most wise to steer clear,and I have no idea of the half life dhea has and how long it would take before you could pass a
test.maybe shadow knows some thing about that.

Miss24k said:
I have a few clients who have asked me about it (females) and I knew some of the ladies here have or are taking it so I thought I would ask about it, I knew nothing.

Thanks for the answer S and the link. :)

The topical stuff I used called Dermacrine has DHEA and pregnenolone. I dont know if it was the delivery method alone or perhaps a synergistic effect of the two active ingredients, but I enjoyed very pronounced positive effects.

Now with respect to Cornie's comment about best results coming from women needing HRT, despite my age (24) I could very well be in that boat. My energy and sex drive have been pretty poor since I got really sick early in '06. I've developed autoimmune problems since then. No amount of preworkout energy supps have really made such of a impact on my workout focus or engergy, and my recovery times between workouts has gone up significantly. The Dermacrine resolved all those issues.

Supposedly it continues to keep T elevated above baseline even after d/c'ing it. We'll see. :)

Last edited:
Sassy69 said:
Curious - does it do anythign to your progesterone levels?
I was consernd about that to when I was taking it so I asked pp if it would give some one deca tits lol....he said no way.....

Sassy69 said:
Curious - does it do anythign to your progesterone levels?

Possibly....depends on the current endogeneous production of the Prog.

Test
Estrogen
Prog

...can all be "made" from the DHEA molecule.

Since progesterone is often used to counteract that evil estrogen in pre/post meup. women, it would make sense to me that that taking supplemental DHEA would:

1 - bump test
2 - bump prog

...since both test and Prog can influence estrogen production.....I would think DHEA would have a positive effect on all three of those hormones in women who have "non-normal" levels of those hormones.

The Shadow said:
....it would make sense to me that that taking supplemental DHEA would:

1 - bump test
2 - bump prog

Mmmm....I'm wondering if that could account for my itchy nipple while on the transdermal DHEA.

Possibly.......add some Chasteberry and see if it goes away.

Are/were you taking the Derma when the itchiness started??

...is it JUST at certain times of the month?

Top Bottom