Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Push Ups

I've seen some guys at my gym do push ups using those stackable step stools that they use for aerobic classes. They have 4 stacks, 3 stools high, one for each leg and arm and they would do their push up on these.

What are the benefits of doing this compared to doing it on the floor ?

I've seen some guys at my gym do push ups using those stackable step stools that they use for aerobic classes. They have 4 stacks, 3 stools high, one for each leg and arm and they would do their push up on these.

The advantage is the same reason why you use DB Presses sometimes, you can bring the weight lower than your chest. It's the same idea, inverted.

DaveNY :fro:

you can get a better stretch on the pecs

on the floor you chest hits the ground where your hand are...... on the steps your chest can keep going past your hands

becareful though..... better stretch can also lead to easier tear of pec or shoulder......warm up properly first

i guess they are alright as a post workout pump.... they tire out my triceps too much.... since thats my next bodypart..... i tend to skip them

but they are nice for variety

wiz
i always do 2 sets of slow pushups after a chest workout. i also do two sets of close grip pushups after tri's.
Both = Great Pump

Coming from a martial arts background, I LOVE PUSH UPS!

And of course, I do them one-handed... not those sissy, two-handed kind, they're for newbies! :karate:

hardgainer (now drop and give me 20!)

YEah My cousin doesnt know jack about training but boy I would be glad to have his genetics. He has so much freakin potential!. All he does is push ups and ab work and no weight lifting. He has decent size and insanely cut!!!(Approx 5%bf) I SWEAR His LAts and Chest is Freaky... Mad Pecs Striations and I could swear he looks like he has wings when he spread his lats.
His delts,bis,tris are small but straited looking like its from a human anatomy book. POTENTIAL... I would definitely define him as a genetic freak

Top Bottom