Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein

gymtime

I read somewhere that the body can only take in a certain amount of protein at one time, something like 40 grams. Any more go to waste.

Is this true? Anyone heard this before?

that is not true, there has been some debates on this here but no one has EVER proved it,,,

I was eatting around 30-40g every 3 hours of the day, but once I bumped it up to around 50g I started noticing my strengh going up a little not much but enough to convince me that I needed more protien!

OK that's kind of what I thought. My problem is that I'm about 220lbs right now, so I'm supposed to take in over 300 gr protein/day. And that's a bitch to do at only 40gr a pop.

Thanks!

does a higher protein intake result in more/a quicker muscle gain?

it's clear that no protein is "wasted", but at which point is it converted into fat?

protein never goes to waste, unless you go more than 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight

~WizKid :kaioken:

tlhc said:
does a higher protein intake result in more/a quicker muscle gain?

it's clear that no protein is "wasted", but at which point is it converted into fat?

It depends. If you're not getting "enough", then it will result in more muscle gain (assuming you're lifting).

How much is "enough"? I think it varies by individual, how you train, etc. I think studies have been quoted that .7 to .9 g/lbs lbm is beneficial. Of Carbs, Fat and Protein, protein is the least likely to be stored as bodyfat. So I tend to go higher protein, to be on the safe side.

Well, if you're under maintenance calories and/or eating less carbs than you burn/store NO protein will be converted to fat...it will be converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis and used as energy or stored as glycogen. Now, if glucose requirements are met, calorie needs are met, and muscle repair requirement are met, and you eat additional protein then it will be stored as fat, and only then. Protein is also more energy costly just to digest, which gives it a thermogenic effecty hence promoting fat burning, and also serves to keep insulin levels in check further promoting fat loss. Protein should always be your highest macro when dieting.

Top Bottom