Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein!

6 Pack Man said:

Select 2 days out of the week and cook enough chicken to last you until you cook again. Tuna doesn't require cooking. If you live at dorms or somewhere w/out a stove, well then buy a George Forman grill. Pretty cheap these days. If ya gotta have a shake b/c you're either too lazy to cook or can't afford a George Forman grill, then go ahead and have your protein shake 5-6 times a day, can't really tell you what tastes the best, I just take a protein shake to fuel by muscles, so I don't care about the taste.

These are all great point and this is NOT a debate but I will touch on a few points you made. 1) I take protein to fuel my muscles as well BUT there wont be any fueling going on if I can drink the stuff because I'm gagging on it. 2) The only type of animal protein i eat is either chicken or turkey. 3) Cooked chicken should be refridgerated (sp?) for no more than 4-5 days at a temp below 42 degrees so if I cooked on sat and sun I would have to cook again thursday and friday.

I KNOW real food is best, but it's not always practical. That's why these protein powders were invented. Also for me it's hard to eat enough food to get my daily protein allowance. I have choked down food before and it's not a pleasant experience. So forgive me if I'm not HARDCORE and I cant drink nasty ass tasting protein.

But thank you for your opinion non the less.

6 Pack Man said:

If you live at dorms or somewhere w/out a stove, well then buy a George Forman grill. Pretty cheap these days.

Oh and in the Army, not sure of the other services we were not allowed to have ANY sort of hot plate or grill in the barracks. Cant even have candles (fire saftey) but i get what you are saying.

6 Pack Man said:

If you think protein is protein, that right there show's your ignorance. LOL

the only major difference between Powdered proteins and lets say chicken is the complexity of the amino acid compisition. No one wants to cook 5 chickens a day, dont say dumb shit like that. You think by giving a stupid answer its going to help him out. All he asked for was a 0 carb protein source.

BTW Whiz.. the only protein i'm usin now is N-Large and thats 90 g of carbs per serving.. is that close enough to 0? lol Can't help ya there, but i'd go with what the other guys reccommend

Distortion said:

the only major difference between Powdered proteins and lets say chicken is the complexity of the amino acid compisition. No one wants to cook 5 chickens a day, dont say dumb shit like that. You think by giving a stupid answer its going to help him out. All he asked for was a 0 carb protein source.

And that major difference there has a lot to do with the speed of the absorption rate. Whey protein causes blood leucine levels to increase rapidly, hitting a peak in 1 hour. However leucine levels decreases in equally rapidly returning to normal by 4 hours. In contrast, whole proteins causes a much slower rise in blood leucine levels, reaching a lower peak around 1 hour, but maintained that level for almost 7 hours. So that is why it is more important to take real food rather than hydrosylates. And who said anything about cooking chicken 5 times a day? You do know there are other methods of consuming protein through real food right? LMFAO

6 Pack Man said:

And that major difference there has a lot to do with the speed of the absorption rate. Whey protein causes blood leucine levels to increase rapidly, hitting a peak in 1 hour. However leucine levels decreases in equally rapidly returning to normal by 4 hours. In contrast, whole proteins causes a much slower rise in blood leucine levels, reaching a lower peak around 1 hour, but maintained that level for almost 7 hours. So that is why it is more important to take real food rather than hydrosylates.

your incorrect. Even the most fast acting protein (Whey) Peaks in 2 hours. While if you have a good protein blend containing caesin which clots in your stomach, is released slowly and absorbed over a period of four to six hours.

I'm not trying to debate weather or not high protein foods are "better" than protein powders because they are in some aspects. I was just debating your 1st response to Whiz that he should just eat food because he is 16.

Distortion said:

your incorrect. Even the most fast acting protein (Whey) Peaks in 2 hours. While if you have a good protein blend containing caesin which clots in your stomach, is released slowly and absorbed over a period of four to six hours.

I'm not trying to debate weather or not high protein foods are "better" than protein powders because they are in some aspects. I was just debating your 1st response to Whiz that he should just eat food because he is 16.

Well from the studies I've done on this I believe I am right and you are wrong, but either way, drop the debate. About the 16 year old comment, if you read a later post I corrected myself and said for any age.

Protein shakes is the only way for me.
I go to school and its hard.
And my mom refuses to cook 6 meals a day for me! (i already asked)

LoL

WizKid25 said:
Protein shakes is the only way for me.
I go to school and its hard.
And my mom refuses to cook 6 meals a day for me! (i already asked)

LoL

If protein shake is the only way you can get protein, then it's better than no protein so then a shake will be fine. Just make sure you take it with skim milk to slow down the absorption of it. Other than that advice I'm keeping my mouth shut to avoid any more arguments.

Top Bottom