Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein supplementation for children

Wrong about the fact kids do not need protein.....
Kids need protein to support their growth, muscular and skeletal. Also strengthens their immune system. If there was one thing I child could be left without, it would be carbs, unless we are talking about some fruits.

Whey will not hurt your kid. Just make sure he gets 1g/lb of protein per day. He cant weigh that much... I like Nelsons idea. Some proteins taste really good, like chocolate milk. That is in no way shape or form dangerous and is very healthy for a growing child.. I am not a Mommy, but I do know a lot about diets and the brainwashing of American citizens on how whole grain carbs are great for the heart ETC....

My younger brother at the way you laid out.. IE, same foods every day, all day.. Now he is 14, anorexic, still eats the same way as when he was a toddler.. Total shame.. Kid only eats pizza and pasta.. No fruits or veggies.. And the only meat he will eat is a hot dog on the occasion. He drinks no protein shakes, hates drinking milk.. Kid is a mess diet wise if you ask me..
I did not say that kids don't need protein, I said they don't have the same requirements as a bodybuilder. And it's not my fault that your mother had no idea how to feed a child with finicky eating habits in a way that won't cater to junk food eating habits. I said not to ask the child what they want, offer them something, and if they don't want it, then they can go hungry.

You don't cater to the child, you allow the child some latitude, nothing more.

When you say young children need carbs, your talking about fruit right, not grains? Correct?
Because human body was never meant to process multi grain, but rather meat, fats and fruits... Like the old hunter and gatherers.. People now a days are so dependent on carbs, including myself and it really isnt that healthy or helpful to the body.. I like the paleo way of thinking..

When you say young children need carbs, your talking about fruit right, not grains? Correct?
Because human body was never meant to process multi grain, but rather meat, fats and fruits... Like the old hunter and gatherers.. People now a days are so dependent on carbs, including myself and it really isnt that healthy or helpful to the body.. I like the paleo way of thinking..
Uh, Gamer, see my avatar? Now, look ABOVE it, the user title, the part that says ELITE MENTOR? You noticed that, right? Good. Okay, just checking.

What part of my post did you overlook that said to offer fruit as a treat? To not keep junk in the house? But also to CHOOSE your food battles. I have a niece whose mother turned food into a war from a very, very young age (2 to 3 years old, in fact). The girl was a little chubby, guess what, she turned out to be a big framed 6' tall young woman. If she'd been left alone food wise (she was extremely athletic) she would have eventually grown into any extra flesh. As it was, the child was hiding food in her room by the time she was 9 and had gastric bypass at age 21, no lie. You turn food into a war with kids you end up giving them messed up eating habits. What a smart parent does is NOT keep garbage (soda, cookies, chips, candy, etc.) in the house, AT ALL, especially to not eat that stuff in front of the kids, and never use food, in general (but particularly junk) as a reward, ever.

Another little FYI, I happen to be one of the more ANTI-grain people you'll meet on these forums because I've been CELIAC since the late 1990s.

I'm not interested in debating nutrition with you. Frankly, I'd rather people give a kid cup of yogurt, a bowl of mac and cheese a slice of whole grain bread with a smear of ANPB on it than a cup of chocolate milk with protein powder :whatever:

And BTW, did you even read the article you cited?

The good news is that surprisingly small amounts of meat, milk or cheese, give children the protein they need. Milk, a high protein food, is popular with most toddlers. Drinking two 8 ounce glasses a day gives average two year olds all the protein they need. Since yogurt is made from milk, it provides an equal amount of protein. This is not true of all foods made from milk (such as ice cream), so it is best to check the nutrition label.

Incidentally, 16 ounces of 1% milk have about 17 grams of protein.

3. Don't keep junk in the house, period. I kept NO candy/chips/cookies (unless homemade and healthy) in the house when my son (the air fern) was a little guy until he was a young teenager, I think (by then he didn't go for junk, he went for tuna and hot dogs). Do not use candy or cookies (junk) as a default treat. For sweets keep yogurt, fruit, dried fruit. You'd be amazed by how many battles are solved just by having no junkie alternatives available. It's a lot easier for a kid to push for the sugary cereals and candy bars if they know you've got the stuff in the cabinet.

This is true. My mom just didn't buy that stuff, so I never got to eat it at home, and never really had a big craving for it later on in life. She literally never ever bought a sugary cereal so I never had it.
She made me eat super healthy which was fine by me. It tasted better anyway. Once when I was about three or four I whined and fussed to go to McDonalds, and when she finally gave in and took me I didn't like the way food tasted there and wouldn't eat it. LOL I still won't.

Top Bottom