Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein powder

It depends on your goals and how advanced you are with training and diet.

In a lot of ways, just any bog standard whey protein you like the taste of will meet most people's needs.

I have often really liked when whey is a protein blend of whey, soya, milk and egg for example.

I like ISOFLEX-
the strawberry & orange & peanut butter choc ( this one has a lil more fat).. are DEEEE LLLLIIICCCIIOUUSS!! :)

I love Lean Body for Her, By Labrada. It has all you need, the right anount of protein for a woman and it's yummy!

Just curious... what are the thoughts on protein mixes that have a blend of different types of proteins sorta making absorption of the product "time released". Or was that just clever marketing and am I silly for getting sucked in?

Are you talking about Casein protein powder? If so, they do work. It has a time release that feeds your muscles over night so your muscles are not starving by the time you get up.
If you're talking about different types of protein, I think it varies by the individual. We all know Whey protein is the best protein in terms of PP. However, my stomach can't tolerate Soy protein and I avoid it like the plague. I just don't digest it and a lot of people have that problem with soy.

do you ladies do soy protein?

As I've mentioned, I don't digest soy well and lots of people have that problem. Whey is the best protein powder to get. However, if it works for you and you can't handle whey, then have soy.
I had soy for years and had terrible stomach issues. Went to see a gastroenterologyst a few times. He gave me all kinds of tests and it turned out it was soy. I found out on my own and once I stopped, the issue was resolved.

do you ladies do soy protein?

I do.

I respond well to soya protein, and I also find that I have to have tofu or tempeh every now and then.

There is a constant debate about soya, it has been given a bad rap, but as thandie has stated, some people are intolerant.

There are two UK companies that do protein blends of four types of protein, extreme nutrition and reflex.

I like both of them.

You can also get hemp protein and soya protein from bulk powders or myprotein.com.

thanks ladies for the responses.:)

and yeah theirs a lot of debate conserning soy from what i've read so far about it but i think i'll try it and see how i fair with it.

Top Bottom