Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein for women

stantonz71

Does the same general rule apply for women as far as protein consumption? 1 to 2 grams per lb of body weight? My gf wants to try and build a little muscle. She is 5'1 100lbs. Would she train/diet just like I do? I know it seems silly but have to ask. As of now I have her doing compounds building strength. Thanks

The minimum for all athletes is around .8 per kg bodyweight if I'm not mistaken. Gender doesn't really matter. I mean...a chick lifter might not need as much as a dude mass gainer but she is gonna need more than a chick ballet dancer lol

I believe the recommendation is 1.2-2g per lean lb of body weight being ideal for building muscle. so it would help to know her bodyfat percentage to calculate a good range. So, if she was 20% bodyfat for example, she would need between 96-160 grams a day (1.2-2g), the lower the bodyfat, the higher the protein need will be. Likewise, the higher the bodyfat, the lower the protein requirement (at least until the bodyfat starts dropping). Hope that helps.

Thanks for help. I was just making sure I had her heading in the right direction. I had her at 1g per ... We can adjust from there. She is getting stronger every week. I'm trying not to complicate it with her. Thanks again

dosage timing, AA profile, and digestibility are the things to assess when looking at the protein itself. Intensity and type of exercise, along with gut health, are the things to assess in the trainee. Whether or not the trainee has a penis or vagina is irrelevant.

dosage timing, AA profile, and digestibility are the things to assess when looking at the protein itself. Intensity and type of exercise, along with gut health, are the things to assess in the trainee. Whether or not the trainee has a penis or vagina is irrelevant.
Well-said lol

Top Bottom