Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Factory fails label claims test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proteinfactory.com response
I have had bad experiences with past boards, that is why I choose not to respond. When people flame me curse at me and other nonsense I will not respond period. But since the moderators of this board and the members are upstanding people I will continue to post to straighten out any concerns.

my typing and spelling sucks by the way...

1) I truly feel the 1 fast 400 should have addressed the proteiinfactory first before posting on the messages boards. Then I could have responding myself first and also pointed out the error in his analysis. Since he looks like he owns his own supplement company it looks like a blantant attack on the proteinfactory.

I started the proteinfactory back in 1998. at that time I was a heavy supplement user. I loved to learn educate myself about the suppl industry. I tried everything from boron to sterols. I used Designer protein with a passion but it gave me gas and digestive problems. I was searching the net and found Glanbia at the time they were avonmore usa. (Makers of CFM) Myself and a friend decided to start a supplement company and sell straight up whey isolate CFM. We bought a pallet. at the time it was about $6,000.00. Now it is about $12,000.00 We bought it to a bakery and had it blended with cocoa and aspartame and package it there and stuck labels on it. Of course the protein failed. Everyone knows that the suppelment industry is ruled by the marketing kings.

Hence we were stuck with allthe CFM. My friend went on to college and I continued to work for my dad. At the time I was heavy into the mesomorphosis message board and posted that I had CFM whey isolate if anyone wanted to buy any in bulk.

Boom..people liked the idea of getting a whey isolate for 8and change a pound and without all the krap in it.

I came up with the idea of proteinfactory.com saw that the name was available from network solutions and bought it. Soy was pretty popular at the time so I bought that too along with milk isolate. I started to take personal "customized" orders off the message boards emailed to me. Some guys didnt like the aspartame. some guys didnt like too much soy. Thus the customization idea began.

If anyone remembers when I first started I would have to answer my emails at about 4 in the morning. answering questions about customzing etc.Make all the customized protein orders. Then head to my real job at 9 am.. get off work at 5.. and finish the orders.

I started to expand the product line. get in more proteins. the best protein I could find and sell them at low prices.

After about 6 months I finally got into the building I am in now, hired some 18 year old girl to help me with the computer and continued to grow.

Unfortunately I did not know what I was getting into. The customzing part is a very difficult process. On average 1 man can blend up 5 orders in one hour. MAX!!!. everytime the bowls and mixers have to be clean. Thus the proteinfactory limited itself on how much it can grow. Any further growth would have caused customers orders to take 3 weeks to get if they were in CA. ( we are in NJ)

My day starts at 6 am. I start by opening the place up for the employees and mixing myself until about 9 AM. at 9 AM customers start calling the questions about customizing ect. Right now the proteinfactory employees about 10 -15 people.

Orders come in
The customized orders MUST come across my desk before mixing. Beginners mix in 25% 360 with 75% caseinate. We then have to contact the customers whom screwed up there order and revamp it.

The orders then travel to the back for processing.
Orders get processed
orders archived by the mixers
orders are brought to the front office for billing and shipping

Hence orders can be processed incorrectly from several pathways
1) order was written up incorrectly by the customer
For example
CFM 10lbs choc no sweetener

The customer gets the order and says it doesnt taste like choc because he didnt get a sweetener

2) One of the customer service girls wrote it up wrong.

3) The mixer made a mistake with the order.

that is basically in a nut shell how proteinfactory works.
I try to respond to all emails in a timing fashion. Anyone can call me at anytime during the day. 800-343-1803 If im not there I call them back. If I dont call me again, email me bug the hell out of me i dont care.,

I started the proteinfactory to give people one thing...PROTEIN..I tell you guys where I buy my protein from. I can provide the C of A's. I try to be as open as possible. I still am one of the only companys that will tellyou where the protein comes from. I am very easy to get in contact with as opposed to other supplement companies.

When I first started proteinfactory I was selling to my friends on the boards. It was fun. We were beating the supplement companies by giving them better protein and super low prices. then as I grew and supplement companies and supplement retailers learned of proteinfactory the flaming started to come. It became less personal. ( I sound like jerry mcquire here)Then after a while the boards were just people telling me to **** off. so I left the boards. That is why I posting in my original email that I wouldnot be back. The proteinfactory is about honesty, telling the large supplement companies to take there bogus pills and whatever and go stick it. I can get protein basically right from the manufacturer and not pay for the fancy packaging and advertising. 50% of my customers I have had a conversation with. Helped them with the diets protein, steroids ect. They become my friends.

I wont make any flames about fast 400, but if he was truly a member of this board he would have emailed me first to discuss things in a mature manner and not the way he went about it. Then he could have asked me to post the response. . Sorry fast400 but you went the wrong way about it. I have nothing, and I mean NOTHING to hide. Analyzed my proteins till the cows come home.

The protein that you analyzed could have been blended incorrectly. I cant guarantee it wasnt. Just like your analysis was wrong right off the bat. I called your lab, the chinese guy answered the phone. I pointed out his mistake. But what youre trying to make people believe is that I try to rip people off. That is what I see, maybe im wrong. But judgeing from the posts from other people that I what they are getting from your analysis. "Hey the proteinfactory is selling protein laced with too much carbs". that is what I see. If you didnt you wouldnt be posting all over the net. You would have came to me like a professional and talked to me first. If you think your trying to expose the proteinfactory for something your not. Once again I have nothing to hide. Proteinfactory has had loyal customers for years. Not only do we sell to bodybuilders, but we are extremely popular with the cancer boards. The CFM in Plain is extremely helpful to them. Same with the gastric bypass patients that cant have any flavorings or junk or want to be sure they are getting pure protein.

I am commericially and personally liable for the protein I ship out everyday. I pay thousands of dollars for product liability insurrance. We have to try our best to make sure we put exactly what is requested in there or we get sued for product liability. I dont play games like that.

The customizing part is extremely difficult work. Noone does it but us. Errors will be made. I cannot fix that unless every order is analyzed. Which would jack up the price of hte protein. And that is not what people would want. But if you want it i will do it for peolple.. I will make it an option on the order form.

I will respond to this post in an intelligent and professional manner. but I wont respond to flaming useless posts.

Thanks for all the business.

Alex Rogers
Proteinfactory

i would think, and hope, that it was only a mixing error. looks like they may have added in carbs instead of one of the proteins or something.

like JavaGuru, i'd like to see how their individual proteins test out.

Important question

I have a question that might affect any analysis done on products that contain protein and carbs. Unless im wrong it may be impossible to meet the label claims with any mix like this. I recently started ordering my post workout protein and carbs separately because of this. When carbs, protein, vitamins, etc are all mixed in one batch and you scoop out a serving isn't possible on that serving to get more carbs than protein or vice versa. I started wondering if when i put my post workout mix together how do i know im not getting say 70 grams of carbs and 30 protein and then the next time 30 grams of carbs and 70 protein. I have always felt this way about creatine and dextrose mixed products. You may scoop out and only get 2 grams of creatine one time and 8 grams the next even if the label says 5 grams per serving. A while back i decided to try grow. At the time it came in the 2 lb. container or individual packets and i thought to myself im going to get the packets because each serving is going to be different. If you look at the results of nlarge its off the label claims. There are 10 grams more of protein and 10 less of carbs. Nobody's reacting to this because it looks like your getting more protein than you paid for but id be willing to bet the next serving could be vice versa. You will get the amount of protein thats supposed to be in the container as a whole but its going to be different with each scoop. Isomatrix was closer to label claims because it only contains protein. i bet if we knew how much of each individual protein was in each serving and tested for them the amount for each one would be different for each serving. It wont suprise me if Dio's mix contains some carbs that it wont match the protein calculator. At the same time im willing to bet that if you tested just the individual protein from the protein factory it will match with no problem. I think if one is worried about meeting label claims they are better off ordering ingredients separately.

JavaGuru said:
My guess is that it was probably an employee error, mixing the wrong quatities and not mixing long enough vs downright deception.

And He's wins Emplyee of the month 12 times a year...

A scam is a Scam!

Sirwanksalot

$.02

Fellas,

Thought I would put in my $.02....For what it's worth, ive ordered from PF.com and was happy. When Alex talks about individual customer service, yes it was good- but this is why people order from internet places instead of XYZ, because of the service and assistance. I do not think you are a scammer.

HOWEVER, people pay $$ thinking they are getting a certain product. If it was a one time mistake, fine, no big deal. Maybee someone should run some more tests.

But all in all: it is what it is- or in this case, it isn't what it isn't....And that is the bottom line.....and that is bothersome....

A/C

And He's wins Emplyee of the month 12 times a year...

Actually, there is a big difference between an honest mistake and intentionally adding greater amounts of cheaper material. My company does a lot "process improvement" consulting with tier II auto maufacturers. You would be amazed at the number places during the manufacturing process errors are made, due to human error 90% of the time. Add to that the amount of custom mixing they do and there are going to be quite a few mistakes. That's why I mix components myself, I don't trust a guy who probably doesn't give a shit about his job. Here is a quick list off the top of my head where errors may occur.

1. The customer gives the wrong mix/percentage.
2. The person taking the order misunderstands the customer.
3. The person taking the order accidently writes down the wrong percentage/mix.
4. The mixer misinterprets the order.
5. The mixer makes a mistake in measuring/mixing.
6. Equipment error causes a problem in measuring/mixing.
7. The wrong mix is labeled for shipment.
8. The shipping labels get confused and the wrong mix is sent to the wrong person.

I've recently began ordering from PF. Alex was big help, and his story seems legit...

But a mistake is a mistake, maybe we should pay a bit more for the orders to be checked.

I will order again from PF.

TPH

I'm just glad NLarge actually had more protein than label claims since I've been using it for about 10 months now. I was considering switching to proteinfactory since I stopped bulking but this has me reconsidering spending the extra cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom