Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Causes Pimples?

My parents are always finding new excuses to discourage me from training hard and using supplements. Their latest claim is that excess protein causes breakouts....somebody set the record straight!

Man, I can not believe your parents are touting negative side effects of protein without doing any research for themselves. Listen, Protein consumption does not cause pimples. Increased testosterone levels within the body will cause pimples, oily skin and some sleepness nights. If your new to the game and just started working out then your body will increase its own testosterone levels naturally and its due to hormones within your body. Tell your parents that they should do go to the library and read some medical journals so they can find out for themselves if they are really worried about you. If not then they're shooting 'Ol wives tales up you Ka-hoot.:D

excessive protein intake without increased water intake will result in increased number of breakouts. Really dehydration more than anything else.

Protein will not cause pimples.

However, a low quality protein powder will contain a few grams of lactose per serving. Lactose is the milk sugar naturally found in milk. A lot of people are sensitive to dairy products because they lack the lactase enzyme needed to digest the lactose sugar. In that case, it can cause an allergic reaction and can lead to pimples.

You want to be using a pure whey isolate that contains no fillers or carbohydrate additives. It will have no lactose in the product. There are a lot of good products on the market but I personally use isolation from n2bm.com.

I can not believe they are touthing off such negative comments like that, they should be proud that you have a healthy interest in taking care of yourself,I bet they would change that tune in a hurry if you decided to do coke, meth or Acid...fun stuff like that!

Top Bottom