Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Progress over last few years. Slow when your old!

Man I am 42 and don't look that good! Gotta drop the damn donuts and milk at night!!! Great Job!!!

u look great bro...very good bicep genetics it appears. like other have stated, get rid of the hair and u'll look even more f'n badass.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I have been getting a lot of PM's and rather than answer I would prefer we post. Last PM was

"lookin good glover. i just have a few questions. i myself don't get into the whole "get huge" thing but lift rather for asthetics and symmetry like you but do also believe big looks good. i was wondering what your diet consists of (how many cals a day so fourth). also what does your routine look like (# of sets, rep ranges, rest between sets, splits, full body etc). i also like your drugs of choice and was wondering how long you take off in between cycles, and if you prefer shorter cycles to longer ones for your goals. thanks for any helpful info, and again you look great"

I work from home so it is easy for me to eat 4 to 6 strict meals a day (meat/vegetable). Most of the time 4 with snack of almonds and or yogurt. I have 3 kids so brownies and pizza are not out of the question. I do not count calories. I do not eat if not hungry and always eat protein with every meal.

I train 4 days with 2/3 off. 1-Back,2-Chest/Shld,3-Arms,4-Legs.
A typical Back day might be:
Pulldowns 3x10
Rows 2x10
Dumb rows 2x10
Shrugs 2x10
then run 2 miles on treadmill.

Chest day:
BP 1x6,1x8 1x10
Dumb Incline 2x8
Pec dec 1x10
Laterals 2x8
bent over laterals 1x8
Abs

I rotate weekly between 6-8 and 10-12 reps for 2 or 3 sets per exercise. I go to failure on all sets, so my weights are heavy for me. 60- 90 sec rest in between (that is a quick sip of water then go again)
Intensity is the key!!! I am usually soaking wet at the end of workout.

This year I did one 4 week and two 6 week cycles. In 2007 I did one 12 week and one 6 week. In 2006 I did one 6 week and one 8 week cycle. And one 6 week cycle in 2005.

3 cycles in 2008
2 cycles in 2007
2 cycles in 2006
1 cycle in 2005

Time off depended on recovery and mood. I like 6 week cycles I do not get additional benefits from longer cycles and recovery is easy for 6 weeks.

After looking at what I wrote it seems like I was on longer. Just goes to show consistency may be contributing factor for me.
Hope that answers all questions.

Thanks glover. it's funny how similar my routine and nutritional outlook is to yours, i cycle on and off as seen fit (and never for long peroids anymore as it becomes counter productive for my goals), my rep schemes r the same 6-8 then 10-12, heavy weights going to failure but also intense with short breaks so the workout feels like a workout and not just going through the motions (old school). and most importantly consistant workout schedule and diet. i only eat when hungry, never count cals,and never force feed myself, but i do get in a lot of protein and veggies. i know i will never be 250 ripped eating this way but then again i would never want to be, but to each their own, some guys pull it off and look good, but it's not my lifestyle. i still think this game is about health and looking good and overeating and destroying waistlines is not apart of the equation, but like i said earlier to each their own. i want to have muscles, but still look good and healthy and enjoy life while growin them. it's a marathon not a race and from the looks of it you glover are ahead of most of the pack. thanks again for the reply, peace

Top Bottom