Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Problems personal trainers have according to research

Biggest personal trainer frustrations

• Motivating clients and tracking their progress

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cambo0101

I have been interviewing personal trainers for the past few weeks. These were the massive problems I discovered with the industry. Do you agree with these problems?

1. Personal trainers struggle to advertise & sell themselves.

2. There is no one market place where personal trainers can sell quality exercise plans online (or offer their services overseas). At the moment they are restricted geographically.

3. Personal Trainers can’t properly manage and track the progress of their clients when they are not present. They need to do this in order to motivate and hold them accountable so they complete their plans, get results and consequently keep paying the bills.

4.There is no easy way to easily measure a good personal trainer from a bad one (other than word of mouth).

What are your solutions to these problems?

I am doing similar research for a Master's dissertation, i think you have hit the nail on the head with many of these issues. We should exchange findings.

Hey that would be awesome! I would be be happy to share my results and see your findings.
What is your email address?

Campbell

I believe that your point about being limited geographically is valid, however it is also within my opinion that to assign a client with a schedule from afar would be to defeat the purpose slightly. I have given people training plans to perform on their own in the past, (at a reduced rate compared to a regular PT session) but I found this presents me with the inability to ensure that they are performing the schedule with total precision. This has led to a lack of results and potentiates a loss of credibility for us, as personal trainers. I've been trying to think about ways around this very issue myself. What do you think?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I think you are absolutely right. You can't beat person to person and never will. Do you think it is still possible to get results if you get the right person? Especially with Video now - people can understand the right technique much more. Thoughts?

Top Bottom