Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

problem..help!!! diet n eca

for spaterson

hey i was wondering if i should eat more carbs or fat to get abs...in your diet mentioned above i dont understand it...at the end it says ketones are bad because muscle is spared.....is this true? i mean then why do people lose fat on ketosis diets? can u give me a sample of what u eat to cut..and cardio plan

spatterosn the cutting diet link does not open but can u kindly post your diet to me along with bulking? and what type of cardio for how long u do when cutting??

thank =)`

Thanks for all the info Spatterson! Appreciate it! Haven't read the Kreb's Cycle yet (lack of time) but will do that tomorrow. Have a feeling some of it will be "over my head" but we'll see. I really enjoy learning all this stuff. :D

Yes, that's 100% correct. Free fatty acids cannot be used as a substrate for gluconeogenesis, but the glycerol backbone of the triglyceride can easily be used for this purpose without even going through the kreb'c cycle. Although a single molecule of glycerol won't give ya much bang for your buck, your body has a lot of glycerol released while on a ketogenic diet since you are burning so much fat as fuel. But the glycerol is still not enough for total glucose requirements....some protein is still needed for gluconeogenesis.

Phew! Good stuff, I finally digested it all. Well, sort of, I was right, the Kreb's cycle was way over my head, wish I could've taken some more biology type classes, I would've really liked to get into this stuff. Took me a few reads even to comphrehend the basic version. So I'm thinking, my diet is working okay cause I am actually not going into a true ketogenic diet, which is what I pretty much knew anyway. So apparently I am still taking in enough carbs to burn fat without comprimising skeletal muscle as evidenced by the fact that I gained 2.2 lbs of muscle and lost 3 lbs of fat in the last 3 weeks of my diet. I'm doing a very similar diet now and this Friday I will get calipered and see if it is still working. If not, tweak time.

So now I'm thinking that for me, the higher fat intake I'm doing is basically just so I can still get in enough calories while keeping my carbohydrates low (to keep insulin in check) and without going really high protein. I've got my protein high enough as it is, I think, as high as 270 grams a day. But I have known people to get leaner on a higher fat, low carbohydrate diet (basically what I'm doing 4 out of 7 days) so maybe the reason they say you have to eat fat to burn fat is simply because of the assumption that eating higher fat means you are eating low carb keeping your insulin levels in check, enough to really kick up the fat burning process. MS, W6, anyone, thoughts, comments?

All I can say is that if you're losing fat and gaining muscle, then you don't need our advice!

MS said:
All I can say is that if you're losing fat and gaining muscle, then you don't need our advice!

Yeah, I know, wasn't really looking for advice, more like looking for the actual scientific explanations as to why what I am doing works. I just like knowing, ya know? And that way I can explain it to others. I run my own supplement store and one of the things I do is give out a lot of diet advice and it really helps if I can explain to the people why something will work.

Originally posted by Spatterson
You can figure it out! You have alot of people here to answer questions. Go to the library and get an Introduction to Human Nutrition college text. There will no doubt be a chapter on metabolism, and you'll see all the stages diagrammed separately and together.

Yeah, that's an idea, sure would help my boredom just sitting here in the store too. Now I just have to find out where a library is and actually find the time to go look. Just moved into this area not too long ago so I don't know where everything is yet. Wonder if I will even be able to comprehend it anyway? One way to find out I guess. :D

Thanks for your replies MS and Spatts, appreciate it! :)

Top Bottom