Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

problem..help!!! diet n eca

missyd143

hey i was wondering if one eca is bbetter for ripped abs and preservationn of muscle...ripped fuel , xendarine, or hydroxycut....hydroxycut i kno has all them advertisments but they are hype many people say...they say rippied ABS IN 28 DAYS GUARANTEE!.. i hate that...which is best and along with cardio and a good diet...anyssugeestions on diet and cardio trainng and supps? i tried everything wit diet and cardio to switch things up but never ccan see my abs...i eat low carb and hig-mod fat train 4 times a week with 30 min of cardio hiit and regular 3 times a week,,anything wrong?? i supp wit flax oil too..im eating 200 calories below mainttence and do not et more than 60carbs a day

"i eat low carb"

Problem #1

and hig-mod fat train 4 times a week "

Problem # 2

If you want to lose fat, why eat a high-mod fat diet?

Cut the fat and rotate the carbs. You're metabolism is probably adjusted to kcal intake.

I assume you're lifting heavy?

W6

2 other considerations...

If you can't see your abs, it's because
1) they are covered by bodyfat
or
2) the abs aren't sufficiently developed
or both.
To test #2, tense your abs a little. Can you feel the distinct bumps and ridges of your abs - like 6 little cobblestones? If you answered "no" to #2, you need to further develop your abs.

Some people will dispute this, especially men who tend to already have pretty strong and developed abs from other physical activites. Women on the other hand often have weak and undeveloped abs. And those will never look like a six-pack, no matter how low the bf.

My midsection used to be concave - no abs to speak of! Doing weighted resistance exercises helped bring them out. Once they came out enough, I cut back on the weighted resistance. Once your abs are sufficently developed, then it's all a matter of bodyfat.

people have said u need fat to burn fat...and u think i should cut out the modfatand add in mod carb? and low fat? and some days go low carb low fat and high protein???

"people have said u need fat to burn fat"

Sure, but why not burn the fat on your body rather than the fat you eat?

In reality, you need carbs to burn fat, not fat to burn fat. Man, where does this stuff come from? Ah yes, bodybuilder biochemical fairy tale land. The issue has to do with the Kreb's cycle and oxaloacetate that can only be made from pyruvate that comes from carbs or protein. You have to have oxaloacetate (don't confuse this with oxandrolone) in order to metabolize fat. The only place that oxaloacetate can come from is the breakdown of amino acids (i.e., muscle) in a low carb state. So, when you are in a low carb state, in order to keep fat oxidation going (assuming you're pulling some Krebs cycle intermediates out) you have to break down skeletal muscle. Why do that when you can just eat some carbs?

"and u think i should cut out the modfatand add in mod carb? and low fat? and some days go low carb low fat and high protein???"

YES, YES, YES

W6

Wilson6, this stuff comes from the diet discussion board which missy also frequents. There is a pack of moronic pro-Atkin's fanatics over there and they are spreading the gospel. The extra annoying thing is that none of them are even bodybuilders!?? And MR X (one of the mods) is a big fan of CKD dieting so he encourages and spams a lot of that too. I should just stay away from that board 'cause it raises my BP.

Yayy! It makes me so happy when people say don't go too low carb, because it scares the sh** out of me (even though I haven't even done it properly yet). :D

Good luck on the abs issue missy. I'd probably skip the eca until your diet's perfect. Use it as a last resort. Are you in a hurry? Just my 2 cents.

wilson6 said:
"people have said u need fat to burn fat"

Sure, but why not burn the fat on your body rather than the fat you eat?

In reality, you need carbs to burn fat, not fat to burn fat. Man, where does this stuff come from? Ah yes, bodybuilder biochemical fairy tale land. The issue has to do with the Kreb's cycle and oxaloacetate that can only be made from pyruvate that comes from carbs or protein. You have to have oxaloacetate (don't confuse this with oxandrolone) in order to metabolize fat. The only place that oxaloacetate can come from is the breakdown of amino acids (i.e., muscle) in a low carb state. So, when you are in a low carb state, in order to keep fat oxidation going (assuming you're pulling some Krebs cycle intermediates out) you have to break down skeletal muscle. Why do that when you can just eat some carbs?

"and u think i should cut out the modfatand add in mod carb? and low fat? and some days go low carb low fat and high protein???"

YES, YES, YES

W6

W6, can you explain this Kreb's cycle and having to "oxaloacetate"? I have no degree in biology or exercise physiology but they are definitely subjects I am very interested in and would take if I had the ways and means. I'm continually trying to expand my knowledge in those areas. I am also one under the impression that you need fat to burn fat because in essence a lower carbohydrate, higher fat diet, forces the body to shift it's fuel source to fats INSTEAD of carbohydrates and the idea that keeping the carbohydrates low keeps your insulin from spiking because you cannot burn fat in the presence of insulin. So by shifting the body's fuel source to burning fats, then the body should burn fat in an environment of low carbs and as long as you're getting in enough protein and weight training then the body will use your fat stores for fuel. I have personally used a similar low carb type diet and have gone from 22% body fat to 16.6% body fat in three months and have maintained my weight. The last 3 weeks of my cycling carbs diet, I gained 2.2 lbs of muscle and lost 3 lbs of fat. Quick rundown of my diet, it was:

47%P/11%C/42%F for 2 days at a time. Another day I'd go 34%/34%/33%. Another day 37%/32%/31%. And yet another day at 39%/23%/38%. I had nice success with this. Not sure if this is what type of diet you are referring to as a "where does this stuff come from" plan but if so, I'm looking for detailed explanation. I also know of several other reputable bodybuilders who have leaned out more and quicker going lower carb and higher fat (EFA's of course). So please explain your theory/fact. I'm just another bodybuilder wanting what everyone else wants, to know what works, what doesn't and why, like the scientific explanation if there is one. Thanks in advance for your time. :)

Though I wholeheartedly agree with Wilson6 that carbs are essential for optimal bodybuilding health, I will admit that a CKD diet can work well for some folks. Remember that this diet is still around 25% protein, which can provide enough dietary substrate for gluconeogenesis without compromising skeletal muscle excessively. Glycerol can also be converted to glucose without going through the Kreb's cycle, and glycerol is freely available on a ketogenic diet because it is a by-product of fatty acid metabolism. However CKD is difficult for most people to optimize, and it still requies a high carb refeed at least once a week to provide muscle glycogen for workouts. I know of very few women that have done well on a CKD diet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom