Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

prepping for a contest ?

keepnitreal

first contest I should add.. just a question, how many weeks do you think is enough to get ready for a show??

would the standard 12 weeks be enough or 16 or 20? im carrying quite a bit of fat (maybe 16-17% bf )
and would plan a 12 week prep with the help of a buddy of mine who does online coaching..but im thinking 12 weeks is too little..

thoughts ?

Sent from my SGH-I896 using EliteFitness

Hi Kir,

I've never done a show before, but I guess you need to be as close to 6% body-fat as you can get before the competition?
So if say, you're 200Ib and you want to shed 10% of fat from your physique, then you're looking at just over a pound per week for 12 weeks.
I know I'm simplifying things here. However, I'm trying to put it in some basic type of perspective. 12-weeks is usually long enough providing diet and CV is in place. Nevertheless, you've never done a show before, so I'm guessing that opting for a four month run in might at least leave you some extra time in the bank if things go a tad off course.

Do you understand where I'm coming from?

Why not strike the happy medium and go for a 14 week run in?

Best of luck for the show. Let us know how you get on.

Craig

You don't see judges going on stage with calipers...they go by how you look...depending on what category you're going into of course is really what matters here...

And you can always set a goal for 12 weeks...then assess how you're doing, you can always push the date back. I had to do that actually. Set a goal for 12 weeks, saw I wasn't getting close enough, so I moved my goal back a little. People do it all the time til they learn their bodies and get to higher levels.

Top Bottom