Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-Contest Workout

LSUMuscle

Ok, I've got 2 1/2 weeks left until my first competition. I'm curious as to opinions on what type of workouts I should do until then. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm assuming a bodybuilding contest?

No less than 4 lifting days and 3-4 cardio days. I would say:
mon- chest, cardio
tue- delts, traps, cardio
wed- back
thur- legs, cardio
fri- arms, cardio
sat- off
sun- off

OR:

mon- chest, tris, cardio
tue- back, bis, cardio
wed- off, cardio optional
thur- delts, traps, cardio
fri- legs, cardio

lifting with moderate to light weights failing in the 12-20 rep range and lots of supersets. 5 lifting days is also to keep your mind on the diet so you don't cheat @2.5 weeks out you CANNOT cheat at all. lifting about 30min-45min a session it should not be so intense that you get too sore but you do need to push yourself hard. cardio sessions should be at 45-60 minutes

btw: you should be at 5-6.5% bf right now, and you should be tan!

I'm just taking a guess. I didn't get my bf test this week, but last Monday it was at 5.9%. I really don't feel like I've come down much sense then, but of course I see myself everyday too. I'm gonna get it done again this coming Monday to see how low, calorie wise, I should go next week. Right now, I'm at about 2200 calories (400 protein, 60-70 fats). I'm guessing that I'll probably phase out the fats. Also, if this helps, I'm 5'9", 200lbs. I'm pretty cut, but being that I have never been this low before, I've got a decent amount of loose skin. That's my main problem right now is tightening the skin up.
thanks

Ok, I've got 12 days until the contest. I'm just looking for another, updated opinion on workout schedule, routine etc...How much cardio and when? If I need to cut some more, would 2 hours/day be too much? What about weights? 35-45 minutes of weights/day sound ok? High reps/low weight supersets?

This is what I have done and I am very happy with the results. The week before the show, continue performing the same training routine that you have been performing. The final week:
1. I continue to perform cardion if I need to -- generally I don't need to because my bodyfat is already where it needs to be by then.

2. Training -- I perform full body workouts on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday -- nothing to strenuous, light exercises, medium to light weight, around four to six sets per bodypart.

3. I stop doing all ab exercises.

4. Flex for at least an hour a day -- trust me, you will be thankful when you are on stage. You must building your endurance up.

5. Thursday and Friday -- no training. Pose for at least and two hours each day. Does not have to be all at once, break it up into several sessions throughout the day.

Hope this helps -- this has worked well for me and other I have trained. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom