Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

power cleans for the first time

I do wonder why you jumped straight to 185lbs for your first time. I would have started with the bar myself :)

Get the form and groove etc.

i didnt jump straight to it.

i did 95x12, 135x8 and 155x5..

i think i got the form down, i like the exercise alot..

ill post my progress :D

If you have proper form, then that's great for you! It took me a few times to get it right. On Power Cleans, like no other lift, form is crucial to sucess. You can have shitty form on bench & squats, or even deads and still manage to get a decent amount of weight of the floor(or whatever). On PCs, form & momentum are the two keys to moving weight.

I noticed that my form was bad when I first started doing PCs one day, when I was doing 185. I was going for 3 reps, and the first two went up BAD, but up nonetheless. Just to see what happened, and even though I had no right to expect to pull up the third rep, I went for it anyhow. Well, it went up quite easily, and I realized at that moment that the reason for this, was that I(out of luck more than skill) had managed to achieve perfect form on THAT rep. That made me realize that I needed to start going lighter, in order to establish this type of form on every rep if I wanted to get the most out of the lift.

Anyhow, if you already have gotten the form down bro, then more power to you. However, if you get stuck on a plateau that you feel you shoyudn't be stuck at someday, then I would look at form first & foremost, to try to remedy the problem.

Nice lifts though btw!

just one question, should i do reps continously or do a rep, pause a second, reset, then do another rep?

what did u mean CCJ?

I think you should do one rep, concentrate on form, rest, and go again, you dont want to fatigue and sacrafice form.

Top Bottom