Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

power clean help

The biggest mistake I see people doing when they start out with powercleans, front squats, or any other clean, is that the elbows are in the wrong position when the bar is racked. Your elbows should be pointing straight ahead. Also, as someone else mentioned, moving forward during the lift to catch the bar is very bad. One thing I couldnt believe I saw was someone doing cleans with straps. You need a gym that allows chalk or at least hide the chalk in your gym bag and clean up the mess when your done.

hangclean said:
hard to say with the bumper plates.

It's easy to say because there is a sound commentary where he announces every weight change!

The snathes work up from 120-150

The C&Js start at 100 and go up to 170.

The front squats are at 200.

Thats KILOS of course so the final squat is 440lbs and the last C&J is at 375.

(Pirras himself weighs about 180lbs)

LOL - I made that clip from an Ironmind tape, and few more others

now it's flying everywhere on the internet....

coolcolj said:
LOL - I made that clip from an Ironmind tape, and few more others

now it's flying everywhere on the internet....

Well then you fucking rock!

(is that your voice on the commentary?)

I made the clip from a video tape sold by Iron Mind - the guy talking is the president of Ironmind :)

this is only a fraction of the tape though and this particular workout, just the highlights etc. They normally show every set and rep, warmups etc

not sure if this has been mentioned but i asked this question a couple months ago and this answer was given tome.. look into finding a trainer in your area who obviously knows how to do cleans chances are he'll show u for free or a small price like a 1 training session price.. rather learn for a pro who knows what hes doing then watching videos online where u can easily do things wrong

Top Bottom