Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post-workout shake

Roth753repper

After a workout I take a mix of whey, dextrose, creatine, and l-glutamine.
How long should I wait to eat after drinking this shake? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Bc you want that shake to be absorbed as fast as possible. That's why plp use whey and a fast digesting carb.

Taking ur shake with you meal will slow down the absorption rate Bc ur meal is going to have slow digesting carbs, slower digesting protein and fats.

Hey Roth:)

Same as warrior. Always consume the shake (approx. 45g protein/ 60g CHO) within 20 minutes of working out, and then 45 minutes to an hour later, I'll take my post-workout meal.

As Warrior says, you can only absorb protein at a particular rate, and any more in a stated period will likely be poorly absorped and/or shuttled to lipid stores or excreted in urea. Unlike carbohydrates and lipids, the body has no mechanism of storing of nitrogen (hence amino acids) in the body. So it's a case of 'use it or lose it'. That's why it's important to eat meals containing protein at regular intervals during the day.

Craig

One thing I have heard is as for your post workout shake or meal, they say it's best to wait 25 minutes before ingesting any carbs, as after your workout, GH levels are at the highest and taking in carbs right away kills it. Still doing some research to see if this is true. So I usually wait the 25 mins, have a pwo shake then about an hour and a half later I'll have a meal.

Top Bottom