Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please Read this, I know this is not my usual

Strongbow

type of thread, but I wanna be serious for just about five seconds if I can. I will not go into great detail, but I was at the hospital over the last couple of weeks, on and off visiting my wife's father. Anyways like I said no great detail here, long story short, I went up to the 15th floor with my wife to give blood and as we sat there the nurse started talking about the shortage of blood in our country. This is the floor where they do most all of the blood work, transfusions and all. I was sitting there listening and just started looking around in the waiting room at all the patients there for blood. This one couple really stood out, they walked in, the guy not much, if any older than most of us. Very obvious he had cancer and could not even hold his head up from the chemo, he came in head on his wife's shoulder and she never removed her hand from his head, where she was holding him to her shoulder. turns out the guy was a 36 year old war vet, who they think contracted cancer in Iraq. Anyways I never realized how important it is to give blood and even thou you may think your lil bit won't account for anything, you are wrong. It takes up very lil time, and I am aware that you shouldn't give while joosing, but we all take time off and I want to encourage you to give if you get the chance. To those of you that read this thanks.

NP brother, im off to donate right now

:)

Serious question...

Why would someone w/cancer need a blood transfusion?

You know I'm not really sure and everyone there didn't have cancer, but apparently a lot of cancer patients need blood transfusions. I'm sure somebody like Chris could give us more info.

I thought it was a good question Plank. Low white count? Idk really

Top Bottom