Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please Help! Any Ideas On A Football Diet??

Bigsherm

I just wanted to see what people think would be good to eat before practice and before games??? Also what should i take in right after practice and games!! Team feeds us, but it is just meals and usually if i load on carbs before practice i feel sluggish!! I dont know, but hope yall can help!!

You do want to take in plenty of carbs prior to practice. However, they have to be very low GI and you should eat them 1-2 hours before practice. Sluggishness is due to fluctuations in blood glucose. Loe GI carbs elimintate this problem and provide slow "realease" energy. Eat them long enough so that the bulk doesn't sit in your stomach. Mashed sweet potatos are ideal. They aren't heavy in the stomach, and are very low GI.

Following practice you need to replenish muscle glycogen. For this you need high GI carbs. Liquids are your best bet here as they digest very rapidly providing your muscles with nearly imediate glucose and also water. It's also easier on the stomach as often times you won't be hungry after an event.

When I played football, we where also fed before the games, usually pasta and breads.Thats what my pre game meal usually consisted off.As diet in general when I played i just ate fuckin anything in sight.

Beezers said:
You do want to take in plenty of carbs prior to practice. However, they have to be very low GI and you should eat them 1-2 hours before practice. Sluggishness is due to fluctuations in blood glucose. Loe GI carbs elimintate this problem and provide slow "realease" energy. Eat them long enough so that the bulk doesn't sit in your stomach. Mashed sweet potatos are ideal. They aren't heavy in the stomach, and are very low GI.

Following practice you need to replenish muscle glycogen. For this you need high GI carbs. Liquids are your best bet here as they digest very rapidly providing your muscles with nearly imediate glucose and also water. It's also easier on the stomach as often times you won't be hungry after an event.

Ok! Sounds good bro. So like a shake with dextrose in it after practice and peanuts(or peanut butter) or smashed potatoes before practice and a game?? Do they have to be sweet potatoes?? Thanks for the help!

eating low gi before games and hi gi after will also add alot of lean muscle to u. this is a good habit to get into

Beezers said:

Good advice.

Oh yeah and beer at the post game parties doesn't count for carb replenishment ok. :p

Bigsherm said:

Ok! Sounds good bro. So like a shake with dextrose in it after practice and peanuts(or peanut butter) or smashed potatoes before practice and a game?? Do they have to be sweet potatoes?? Thanks for the help!

Yes, they have to be sweet potatos. Other low GI choices are brown rice, oats, barley, lentils, whole grain breads, and bran. White potatos are very HIGH GI. They would be good post workout/practice/game. Don't ingenst fats prior to an event of any sort. Penuts are mosltly fat. Fats greatly slow down gastric emptying and thus your food will sit in your stomach longer....Because of this you'll feel loaded down and very well may get an upset stomach as the food will just be sitting in your stomach while you're working vigorously.

Top Bottom