Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please critique my cutting/maintaining muscle diet

I spend plenty of time doing research, but for some reason I have a problem when it comes to the diet.

I meant plain tuna, not in a sandwich, which loses the bread

meat sauce is not a problem

all the carbs in my protein shake are from the milk, the whey itself has 22g P 2g C 1.5g F

flax oil no problem

thanks

www.musclenow.com perfect diet for not only bb but anyone(in my opinion). 60%c, 30%p, 10%f. I have not bought this guys program but I know the general idea and it works for practically everyone. It is pretty hard though cause it involves a lot of calorie counting, but it works. Anyway it is just an alternative if you can't suffer through ckd like me.

i was over a friends house and his older brothers friend walked in and he was literally ripped to pieces. He didn't really weigh that much(he said he only weighed 182) but he looked like he weighed like 205-210. He had big ass veins sticking out of his arms. I asked him if he could get me steroids, then he said he didn't do them. I told him that was b.s. He swore he never did them the only thing he used he said was creatine. He then said he wished he could do steroids but he just couldn't find a source. Anyway he said he was at a gym one day and this old guy who was pretty built for his age told him to do this diet. The old guy explained what glucagon and insulin were and how it really is about controlling those hormones. He explained this diet to me and he also explained why to not do a low carb diet. One reason he said was that our bodies main source of energy comes from carbs and if we switch that to fat(or ketones) then when we eventually switch back our body will respond by storing most of those carbs as fat cause our bodies are not used to using it anymore as energy. If we don't switch back and we stay in ketosis then you will lose muscle and feel like crap and probably go insane. Then he said that the low-carb diet drains alot of the water out of your muscles. This is why you lose alot of weight in the first couple weeks. Then I asked him how he could use creatine and still be cut. He then explained that creatine pulls water into the muscle and not under the skin like sodium does. The diet is basically this: he five to six meals a day(preferably six). Eat every 3 hours. Eat 60%carbs 30%protein 10%fat at every meal except for right after your workout when you should eat about 75% high gi carbs 25% protein. The thing is is that all your other carbs have to be low gi carbs. And try to avoid sodium the best you can. He also said that the diet is pretty boring cause you don't get to eat any of your favorite foods, but I guess it depneds on how dedicated you really are. Now I don't know that the program at www.musclenow.com will might not be excactly the same thing but I'm pretty sure it is pretty close.

Thanks for all the details sixtythirtyten...have you tried your bro's bro's diet? I made some tweaks to mine posted above...upping the protein and :eek: fat and dropping the carbs a little bit. I figure I should give the diet at least three weeks before I throw it out, otherwise I will never know how my body responds to a diet such as this. Might as well know for sure it sucks before I drop it.

If it does turn out to suck for me, I'll try your diet. Thanks again buddy!

one more thing- do you know how many calories/lb bodyweight he takes in to bulk/cut/maintain? Thanks again

mr x has posted this alot and if i'm not mistaken i think matinence is your weight x 15. For example, lets say you weigh 180 lbs. Then to maintain you should eat 68g of carbs, 34g protein, 5g fat at every meal six times a day. I forget what the other formulas are but they are posted here a lot.

Yes, I'm have been doing this diet for the past 2 months and I have definitively noticed the improvements. I cheat a lot though so results are not as quick as I would like but when I can manage to stay on for a while the results are awesome. I guess it comes down to how disciplined you are.

Top Bottom