Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Perfect Form? Really?

Who uses perfect form

• I always use perfect form

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I rarely use perfect form

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I seldom use perfect form

• Perfect form? What is that?

• Total voters

africaunite

This a poll to see who uses perfect form. I mean I see people continuously advocating it but when they lift heavy, it's a different ball games.

Example - Bench Press

Perfect Form = bring the bar to the chest and all the up locking it up
Not Perfect Form = bring the bar to the chest and half way up and quickly back down

I like the latter because I feel like I am only concentrating on the chest muscle. Plus I'm 6'3 and lanky :dance2:

So who here strictly uses perfect form at all times?

I use as close to perfect as I can get on compound lifts. Squats, deads, bench, shoulder press, and pull ups are as close to perfect as I can get.. I will cheat on some other lifts and I don't really care what people think because it works for me

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

I use as close to perfect form as possible on all lifts. The only exception is if I'm pressed for time, I will cheat when it gets toward the end of my workout, and I'm running out of time. Normally traps are the last thing I work, so that's what gets cheated when it happens.

Not sure I follow the question. You example of not perfect form isnt really about form at all but a "partial lift" which is a valid training technique. How you train depends on your goals and what I consider "proper form" may not be the same for a powerlifter who needs to practice with an arched back to reduce bar travel range. Personally I use as perfect of form as I can on all lifts. I do occasionally do partials but generally speaking that would only be to focus on a weak range in a lift.

In your case you can do half range bench presses all day long but if you cant unrack bar, touch chest and get a given weight back up to full extension then its not a full rep bench.

This a poll to see who uses perfect form. I mean I see people continuously advocating it but when they lift heavy, it's a different ball games.

Example - Bench Press

Perfect Form = bring the bar to the chest and all the up locking it up
Not Perfect Form = bring the bar to the chest and half way up and quickly back down

I like the latter because I feel like I am only concentrating on the chest muscle. Plus I'm 6'3 and lanky :dance2:

So who here strictly uses perfect form at all times?

I wouldn't say that's perfect for at all. Simply the difference between something like 70% & 100%

Perfect form is utilizing nothing but the muscle you are working on. I always use as perfect form as I can. On chest days I can go a whole hour of nothing but chest and it won't feel like my triceps have been touched at all. And they definitely never feel like blood goes to them because I make sure my chest contracts and takes over the whole movement. Same goes for any other workout.

The guys that don't use perfect form may be throwing up say 225 on bench 10 times naturally, while moving their back and squirming around, possibly fucking up their shoulders and hitting their triceps directly diminishing gains from their chest...

If you can't get it up you just can't. Everyone should always give it all they can but never sacrifice form just to get a rep in. It's just a waste of energy and usually bad for joints. Well, unless you don't have a spotter. Lol then do what you can to get that last rep otherwise you'll be that dip shit in the gym.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

It is expected that an experienced, educated lifter will deviate from "perfect form" in their later sets/reps, but this is a controlled thing, and in that, still "good" form.

Guys who just throw weight on the bar and do whatever it takes to get reps have no real form at all.

This poll is in dire need of a "mostly use good form, depending on the lift and workout" option.

This is so difficult to accurately quantify. What passed as great technique for Atlas stone lifting might scare off a conventional deadlifter. One person due to structural difference might be better off bending over more, rather that sitting down into a deadlift pull.

Also, while form should be prioritized on heavy lifts, you have to balance out trying to lift the weight using reasonably safe technique, while letting your inner caveman just yank the shit off without over-analyzing what's going on.

Top Bottom