Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pay It Forward

stilleto

ELITE MENTOR
EF VIP
Imagine if someone gives you the change you're looking for while paying for something.

Imagine if someone let you go in front of them in line.

Imagine if a stranger complimented you for no reason.

All easy, random acts of kindness. None of them huge, but they'd make you smile for a moment, or maybe even the whole day.

There are a lot of us here. Lets do a random act of kindness every day and post it here, no matter how small.

'Tis my last name... literally Random Act of Kindness

I remember the first time someone introduced me to this concept several years or so ago. I'd always felt hesitant to accept someone's help because when I was in a position where I actually NEEDED it (A LOT of it, mostly from random strangers) I was certainly in no position to pay them back. So I was told to watch the movie... Since then I have made it MY BUSINESS to proliferate the kindness that these strangers showed me back when I needed it most. Remembering how kind all of these strangers were to me also helps keep me from becoming bitter when so many take a monumental crap on me and my family.

I smile genuinely and I try to smile often. I always wish people pleasant day. If I see someone who looks like they need help I try to be of assistance, even if it is only to stand there and listen to them cry over how poorly someone just treated them. One of the reasons why I LOVE living in Texas as it seems that most people are kind this way.

My husband and I are both this way. 'Course it would stand to reason as he gave me his name. :)

that's cool bmom.

:)
I remembered one i did today. I got chinese soup for lunch and they gave me a free eggroll. I gave it to the guy in my office who didn't bring lunch.

When I lived in Paris all of the homeless people, the young women and children, would just break my heart so whenver I could I would buy food and give it to them. Little did I know that I would end up in the same position TWICE thereafter. Once while I was still living in Paris and once when I'd married to my Old Grump. Sorta had me put my life in a whole nuther perspective.

There was one little girl by the name of Roxanna who I would often see on my way to work when I worked at a club on Rue De Berri just off the Champs Elyses. She was the cutest little thing, always with her mother or father, adorable child but filthy. So one day I'd given her a sweet that I had bought for myself. I tried to treat myself to a treat every chance I could. We are only talking like 4 Euro or so but I had so few essentials. I mean, my life was so freaking hard that an icecream or a chocolate was something that made it easier to get through the day. Anyway, Roxanna was very fearfull of me at first. If people even noticed them (in French they called these people invisible or untouchables) they would throw a few coins at them without scarcely stopping. I was called a fool by many of my French friends that I was "taken in" by these people. That it was a scam, which I am sure it was for most. But I was so moved by this little girl. Even if she was being used by her parents to increase their money. I didn't care. She was maybe 4 or 5 and reminded me so much of my youngest, Mari... Every day my heart broke without my children so I wanted so desperately to make a difference no matter how small in the life of this one little girl. After she came to know and trust me she would literally come running as soon as I rounded the corner and she would immediately dive into my bag to see what I had brought for her. I would always bring one decadent sweet and one healthy item as in fruit. Then one day I thought to buy her toys but the toy shops in Paris were VERY expensive - totally out of my reach financially. So I asked the girls that I worked in the club with to pitch in to buy her a proper doll or stuffed animal. They would all see me stopping to give Roxanna treats. They all said they would, but, of course, though these girls made A LOT of money some of them, would rather spend it on whatever else... I understood. It was, afterall their money that they earned. One day I happened across a section of the city (at the base of Mont Marte - I don't recall what they called that section of Paris) where there were many cheaper things for sale. So I bought all the toys I could afford: a wooden puzzle, some coloring books and crayons and I don't recall now whatever else. I would give her these toys on different trips to work.

And one day... she just wasn't there anymore and I left the city for good to go back to my own children the winter thereafter.

I know this sounds selfish but my hope was that maybe there would be good people who would give my girls the love and help they needed while I was physically absent from their day to day lives. I told them all about Roxanna... it was bittersweet because all five of us wanted only to love each other, but we were prevented by circumstances. My girls even talked about sending pictures to give to Roxanna...

Anyway, I'd not thought about that little girl in a long, long time...

It turns out that there were many MANY good adults that have tried to help my children all this time that I have been prevented from doing for them what they needed a mother to do.

I am thankfull that there are so many people in the world who were kind and loving to them and hope that as my girls grow into adults it will be THESE PEOPLE whose example they follow.

OK... I'm off to bed. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to remember Roxanna.

Top Bottom