Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Parallel grip pullups rock!

kenindahood said:
Today was the first time that I tried them. My forearms got
huge! I'm working these in from here on out...

"Huge" after only one session eh?! I'm going to have to get on those too!:rolleyes: J/K bro. I know what you meant. The pump. I do them too. I can rip out 20 on an initial set, dry. No warmup, but that usually drains me for my second set((I get about 7-8), and then the subsequent sets of wide grip chins to the front.

I'm a fanatic of those too. For the last year, I've started my Arm work-out with 4 sets of chin-ups... I was up to 16 on the first set, but I was so fatigued after that, my next three sets were pretty sad. So now I do 3 sets of 10 and on my 4th set I can usually get 7-8 reps out.

SCOTTY-TWO-HOTTY said:
I'm a fanatic of those too. For the last year, I've started my Arm work-out with 4 sets of chin-ups... I was up to 16 on the first set, but I was so fatigued after that, my next three sets were pretty sad. So now I do 3 sets of 10 and on my 4th set I can usually get 7-8 reps out.

However you do them, for what it's worth, I admire you(or anyone) who just does them in general. I am one of the few at my gym who does them. One of the few who doesn't put a shitload of weight on a Smith Machine, and call it "squats', and the only guy at my gym who does Power Cleans. This is a large gym too mind you! That's not tooting my own horn, but rather a testimate to how hard those exercises are to perform. Also why I am in better shape than anyone at my gym as well, although I'm sure they chalk it up to me having a good AAS source, and them not right?! Fuck em.

Zerxes said:
However you do them, for what it's worth, I admire you(or anyone) who just does them in general. I am one of the few at my gym who does them. One of the few who doesn't put a shitload of weight on a Smith Machine, and call it "squats', and the only guy at my gym who does Power Cleans. This is a large gym too mind you! That's not tooting my own horn, but rather a testimate to how hard those exercises are to perform. Also why I am in better shape than anyone at my gym as well, although I'm sure they chalk it up to me having a good AAS source, and them not right?! Fuck em.

Well said Brother.

Another exercise that I'm really passionate about, that I never see anyone else do, is inverted/close-grip bench press(for triceps). Those and the chins are just about exclusive to me at the gym I go to. Its considered a "Hardcore" gym too. I love Dips as well... 4 sets of 15 reps at the end of my Arm day, real nice burn.

noone @ my gym is using my weighted towel pull ups routine yet. Although I have had a bunch of takers whileI was resting. A kid told me two days ago, when I did back, that he thought my head was going to explode. After finishing my set I held the squeeze @ the peak of the movement as long as I could until I lost all grip on the towels. Every set to failure. Feels good.

I like back threads. :D

PolishHammer1977 said:
noone @ my gym is using my weighted towel pull ups routine yet. Although I have had a bunch of takers whileI was resting. A kid told me two days ago, when I did back, that he thought my head was going to explode. After finishing my set I held the squeeze @ the peak of the movement as long as I could until I lost all grip on the towels. Every set to failure. Feels good.

I like back threads. :D

Do you wrap a towel around the bar, or let 2 sides hang, and you hold either end?

I've done the latter, and it kills my hands. Feels sooooo good.

gettinlarger said:

Do you wrap a towel around the bar, or let 2 sides hang, and you hold either end?

I've done the latter, and it kills my hands. Feels sooooo good.

'I take to towels and throw each one up and over the bar. Hang a 45 plate around my weight belt and go to town. After a set I cannot open my hands for 10 seconds and giving anyone a handshake for 30 minutes post workout is impossible. I am glad you like em'. I love those things. I get so much of a pump when I do them.

Top Bottom