Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Over Training,...am I?

bommakr

Hey Gents,

I've been training for a long time. I've hit plateaus and busted through them, doubled my goals etc. but I've finally come to the point of humbling myself to ask for some constructive criticism. This is kind of lengthy so I understand if there's no time to really analyze the program, but I'm listing my training below, and the question I have is, Am I over training? There's minor adjustments between days, but the typical week looks like this:

Monday - SS Back Squat/obliques 5 sets @225 for 20 reps
Leg Press Drop set 3 sets @600-100 for 12,12,16,20 reps
SS Leg Extensions/Body Squats 5 sets @160 for 20 reps
Tuesday - SS Pull-ups/Diamond Push-ups 5 sets @ body weight (~155lbs) for reps
SS Seated Row/DB Bench 5 sets @ 160-200lbs for >16 reps
Calf Press 5 sets @ 160lbs for 100reps

Wednesday - SS Romanian DL/Plank 5 sets @315 for 12 reps/60sec.
Stiff leg DL 5 sets @255 for 12 Reps
SS Uni Leg Curl/obliques 5 sets @80lbs for 20 reps
Thursday - SS Push-Press/Plank 5 sets @ 155-185lbs for 10-6 reps/60sec
Drop Set Lateral Raise 3 sets @ 35-5lbs
SS Upright Row/Uni DB Shoulder press 5 Sets @ 65lbs/55lbs
SS Shrugs/Bent Over Lat Raise 5 sets @ 225lbs/35lbs

Friday - SS Front Squat/Obliques 5 sets @ 225lbs for 12 reps
Drop Set Leg Press 600-100lbs for 12,12,16,20 reps
SS Trap Bar DL/Plank 5 sets @ 225 for 12 reps
Calf Press 5 sets @ 160lbs for 100 reps
Saturday - SS Lat Pull Down wide/Incline DB BP 5 sets @160lbs for 18-20 reps ea.
Seated Row 5 sets @160lbs for 18-20reps
SS Uni Hammer Curls/abs 5 sets @ 40lbs for 16-20 reps

Sunday - SS Romanian DL/Plank 5 sets @315 for 12 reps/60sec.
Stiff leg DL 5 sets @255 for 12 Reps
SS Leg Curl/obliques 5 sets @80lbs for 20 reps
Calf Press 5 sets @ 100lbs for 100 reps

I'm 155lbs and I stay pretty ripped. I take in double my weight in protein and about 3600 calories a day. I moved to the high volume approach a last year, and I like the intensity and the change of pace. My only goal is to make 315 feel like 135, and I'm almost there. I felt it was time to consult the big dogs though, so here I am. Thanks for reading guys, and I appreciate any and all feedback.

BD

Lol, wtf....7 days. What's with the aerobic routine? Drop the reps and add weight...

Lol, wtf....7 days. What's with the aerobic routine? Drop the reps and add weight...

Agree...to much high volume and that's bit what you need to grow at 155lbs. I'd switch your routine to a more specific bodybuilding/hypertrophy training..

I don't even want to talk to you if you're SQ in the smith machine. No wonder you have boundless energy. Do ONE set of SQ for 20 reps in the rack and let's see if you wanna do 4 more....

I don't even want to talk to you if you're SQ in the smith machine. No wonder you have boundless energy. Do ONE set of SQ for 20 reps in the rack and let's see if you wanna do 4 more....

All my squats ARE in the rack, bro. And that's 20 correct form squats every set. The smith machine was used at the end of that particular workout. I use the rack for everything. I stay away from machines/cantilever stations as much as possible. Bars, plates and DBs is where I'm at, so talk to me now!

Ooh, and thanks for reading.

BD

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Under recovering is something I just starting thinking about. I haven't seen any joint pain and was operating under the premise that "if you don't feel sore, hit it some more!" I know that's not the correct thing to do all the time.

As far as calories, I used to take in 4000 a day, now I'm down to 3600. I don't think that that's a significant drop, but I think I might bump up again for the fall.

Thanks again for the critique,

BD

lmfao....yeah i second that the smith machine is pointless. Use the squat rack...

Top Bottom