Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ONE reason to die and ONE reason not to.

Burning_Inside said:

Just to clarify waht I meant for you Mr. Overanalyzation....I wasn't talking about what goes on in the material world after I die. I'm talking about what lies beyond death. Not what goes on here.

i realize that you were not talking about what goes on in the physical world. you were however talking about how you would, after passing beyond death, feel about what goes on in the material world, which you really can't talk about or predict as everything beyond death is unpredictable.

Decem, you're a complete fool sometimes. .

the truth hurts doesn't it??

Fact is you're going to die, Bonecrusher needs to realize it, and at the least I'm trying to let him know this now so he can get over it sooner in life.

wouldn't you be arguing his philosophy on how to confront death and dying as well as how to live his life? wouldn't that be his philosophies? again i say.. i thought you were brighter than this.

Uhh, yeah. I don't need your help in exploring your PHILOSOPHY, as I choose not to go there in the first place. Like I said, stop arguing it. That's not what I posted on this thread for.

i didn't say i want you to explore my philosophy. i have yet to tell you what you should or shouldn't believe or feel or do, as you have done to bonecruncher. in fact, all i did was ask questions.

i wish you'd stop posting in this thread now because you're lack of logic, common sense, and philosophical debate skills are quite clearly fucking it up.

Burning_Inside said:

Well let's look at it this way, if someone today was deathly afraid of getting a job, and didn't WANT to get a job, when getting a job is inevitable in this world to survive, then most people would call that a problem for that person. That's what I'm relating it to.

Your analogy is severely flawed.

We are not talking about jobs we are talking death.

The persons problem lies in his inability to contribute to society and refusal to work. My question was, why is fear of death a problem? why is not wanting to die a problem?

supernav said:
>name or list or explain ONE reason to die AND ONE reason not
>to die, or ONE thing that bothers you about dying AND ONE
>thing you find soothing about dying.. or something along those
>lines or some combo of those..

>and don't put down a "reason to live" or something you find
>soothing "about living".. this isn't about life.. it's about death..
>your reply must be related to death.

So what's the prize? Before i sit down and start doing your philosophy paper for you...

>your reply must be related to death.

Tell me, or you're so dead buster.

-= nav =-

no prize. and school's already out (though i think BI might need to consider taking that elementary logic course over the summer semester).

the world is filled with lies and deceit --we live in a world where death is feared----Religion is supposed to help deal with death--but if you look deep enough, the men and women selling this are some of the most deceitful people on earth------

so my one reason to die would be because the masses are so afraid of it---and I don't consider myself to be part of the masses...

one reason not to die---because its going to happen anyway--its our fate and their are many things that one can experience before that last breathe is taken--whether it be in 40years from now or 40min.....time is irrelevant------we are all students and teachers from the time we are in the womb to well past our last breathe......

exactly

BoneCruncher said:
Advantages to being dead - you can

Be frozen

Be incinerated

Be mummified

Be composted

Slowly decompose

Stink

That's it. That's all you can do. That's why being dead really sucks. Given the choice—and I fervently hope I am—I would prefer to keep living for as long as possible.

exactly, i love how all these dipshits think they will die and float off to some planet or become some other type of life form, or even better go to heaven with 60 virgins.hahah. lets talk about what we do know, when you die, you die and we bury your cold ass in the ground.

BoneCruncher said:
I havent really thought like this for to long but I am currently unconvinced with organised religions. At the same time I have been reading alot on new technologies and just read an online text which I found very interesting here.

http://www.hedweb.com/hedab.htm

You should check it out and let me know what you think.

No need to be condesending. I think fear of death has always been apparent in western culture. In regards to your quick tip, I am 20 years old. Assuming I am not taken out by something beyond my control (car crash, murder etc) and I make health a top priority it is not unfeasable that I can expect to make it to at least 80. I believe in sixty years the world will barely be recognisable the field of medicine will have advanced so significantly thanks to new technologies that I dont think one can make a blanket assumption that significant life extension can be ruled out. If you can do this in perhaps a 'longer tip' I would appreciate your input.

I am not totally confident in my views but its an interesting topic to discuss either way.

cooooool shit son, i used to have their homepage in my signature.

-----

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

www.hedweb.org

------

Anyway, i think people overestimate routine. Now that anti-depressants are becoming more & more popular, people are reacting negatively, saying that things like the mind shouldn't be tangible or bastardized down to the level of neurochemicals. Things like emotions, spirituality or thought have always been percieved as 'beyond' the physical realm, and it creates feelings of discomfort for people to find otherwise. The same thing will happen/is happening with death, many people don't want us to control something they've always considered sacred, the same way they don't want us to control emotions or thoughts.

Incidentally, i am looking into cryonics too. I am 22, and hopefully i can be frozen when i am 70.

nanotechnology isn't the only tool of anti-aging, telomerase is pretty interesting too.

Also, i remember reading a couple years ago, a book about psychological drugs. The author was on an HMO, and he was extremely depressed every now & then that he was going to die & fade into nothingness. After trying a few, he found an antidepressant that helped him overcome his fear of anniliation. Although this post probably sounds ramblings, i just thought i'd bring that up as 'yet another' example of science giving humans control over something they thought they would never/should never have control over.

I wonder what antidepressant he used. I should try it.

Top Bottom