Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ONE reason to die and ONE reason not to.

decem said:

um... am i the only one that sees that he just tried lecturing me on arguing philosophies.. yet continues to do it himself??

and since you don't care about my thoughts on the matter.. why do you think he would care about yours?

You tool. DEATH IS NOT A PHILOSOPHY IT'S FACT..

I havent really thought like this for to long but I am currently unconvinced with organised religions. At the same time I have been reading alot on new technologies and just read an online text which I found very interesting here.

http://www.hedweb.com/hedab.htm

You should check it out and let me know what you think.

No, you get no references. But put it this way, you know as well as I do, and please don't play stupid, that many many many (maybe not all, but you get my drift) older civilizations knew about death, and understood death, and when it was there time to go, they went. Only a fool runs from the inevitable. Quick tip, it's gonna happen so start accepting it..

No need to be condesending. I think fear of death has always been apparent in western culture. In regards to your quick tip, I am 20 years old. Assuming I am not taken out by something beyond my control (car crash, murder etc) and I make health a top priority it is not unfeasable that I can expect to make it to at least 80. I believe in sixty years the world will barely be recognisable the field of medicine will have advanced so significantly thanks to new technologies that I dont think one can make a blanket assumption that significant life extension can be ruled out. If you can do this in perhaps a 'longer tip' I would appreciate your input.

I am not totally confident in my views but its an interesting topic to discuss either way.

BoneCruncher said:
I havent really thought like this for to long but I am currently unconvinced with organised religions. At the same time I have been reading alot on new technologies and just read an online text which I found very interesting here.

http://www.hedweb.com/hedab.htm

You should check it out and let me know what you think.

No need to be condesending. I think fear of death has always been apparent in western culture. In regards to your quick tip, I am 20 years old. Assuming I am not taken out by something beyond my control (car crash, murder etc) and I make health a top priority it is not unfeasable that I can expect to make it to at least 80. I believe in sixty years the world will barely be recognisable the field of medicine will have advanced so significantly thanks to new technologies that I dont think one can make a blanket assumption that significant life extension can be ruled out. If you can do this in perhaps a 'longer tip' I would appreciate your input.

I am not totally confident in my views but its an interesting topic to discuss either way.

iF YOURE HAVING FUN IN LIFE, i CAN SEE NO POINT IN not PROLONGING IT IF YOU'D HAVE THE MEANS, HOWEVER TO JUST PLAIN OUT BE AFRAID OF DYING AND NOT WANT TO, THAT'S A PROBLEM PEOPLE DO NEED TO GET OVER (oops caps lock was down.)

BoneCruncher said:
everything in this thread is of a philosopical nature, it cant be separated.

It definately is, however those are my views on the good and bad of death and living. I didn't think Decem would use the thread as a lure to take others philosophies and argue them against his own, if that was the case I would have not posted anything.

Burning_Inside said:

You tool. DEATH IS NOT A PHILOSOPHY IT'S FACT..

you're arguing his philosophies on how to confront and deal with death. he says he'll fight for as long as possible to stave off death, whereas you say he should accept the fact that he will die.

btw homes.. nothing in this universe is ever a fact.. only possibilities and statistics.. but nothing is ever certain.

damn man.. i thought you were brighter than this.

Burning_Inside said:

iF YOURE HAVING FUN IN LIFE, i CAN SEE NO POINT IN not PROLONGING IT IF YOU'D HAVE THE MEANS, HOWEVER TO JUST PLAIN OUT BE AFRAID OF DYING AND NOT WANT TO, THAT'S A PROBLEM PEOPLE DO NEED TO GET OVER (oops caps lock was down.)

Why is it a problem that people dont want to die?

Why is it a problem that people are afraid of death?

We are programmed to 'plain out' not want to die, we have instincts to protect ourselves and reproduce. My budgie died a couple of weeks ago of a lung infection. He struggled for breath for days untill he began convulsing in an attempt to breathe. We are no different in our will to live its instinct.

Last edited:
decem said:

you're arguing his philosophies on how to confront and deal with death. he says he'll fight for as long as possible to stave off death, whereas you say he should accept the fact that he will die.

btw homes.. nothing in this universe is ever a fact.. only possibilities and statistics.. but nothing is ever certain.

damn man.. i thought you were brighter than this.

You are thinking like a tool ( a monkeywrench to be exact) and if you think you're brighter than me becaus eyou think death is a philosopy, and it's not something that happens to every living organism on this planet, then be my guest.

BoneCruncher said:

Why is it a problem that people dont want to die?

Why is it a problem that people are afraid of death?

Well let's look at it this way, if someone today was deathly afraid of getting a job, and didn't WANT to get a job, when getting a job is inevitable in this world to survive, then most people would call that a problem for that person. That's what I'm relating it to.

Top Bottom