Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One for the TKD guys

MikeMartial

Check THIS link out. Right click and "save target".

This isn't a "TKD owns Muay Thai!" thread, I just thought this was an interesting clip. The TKD martial artist "landed" some pretty good kicks, IMO.

BUt.....notice the Muay Thai martial artist:
1) Had a brutal defense, and where the hell was his offense?? and,
2) He got up after every knockdown, barely phased. This leads me to think although those flashy TKD kicks landed, they didn't have much force.

Interesting clip, nonetheless.

First off.... The Muay Thai guy in the vid is not the best person to represent the style.
Second...
You are right, a lot of those kicks connected to the head but he couldn't produce a knock out?
Third...
a guy comes in straight at you like that with his hand down by his waste is just asking for glove to the jaw, the MT guy in the clip didn't capitalize on the TKD guy's poor excuse for a guard.

Someone teach that TKD guy how to throw a combo of kicks/punches.

Next, tell him to get his guard up.

Finally, let's have him get rid of those pajamas.

Like I said, this wasn't posted for flaming. But I see it's got some people all riled up <grin>

Besides, I think I'd start being critical about the MT guy before the TKD guy ;)

MikeMartial said:
Sorry guys, link is dead. :destroy: I have the vid saved, so if anyone wants it, let me know.

The link worked fine for me!

Good stuff! I don't necessarily believe one martial art is the best over the rest so to flame someones dicipline is stupid!

I'm in TKD but only for about a year now but I love the art and it seems to, like all other arts have it's strong points and weak points.
The TKD guy in the link definately lacked power and needed to get his hands up to guard but you can't expect everyone to have KO power. That would be the same as flaming a boxer because he didn't knock out every opponent. There are some who have the power and some who don't. My instructor layed a drop axe kick on a Kempo guys cheek bone in the second round and knocked him cold. The guy didn't come to for almost 3 minutes. He didn't even see it coming and he ended up having reconstructive surgery.
So don't flame someones MA style just because the one in the ring isn't the next Bruce Lee.

Top Bottom