Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

once vs twice a week

NY1Muscle

I would appreciate some help...

I want to work the following groups once a week:
- Tris
- Legs
- Back

I want to work the following groups TWICE a week
- Bis
- Chest
- Calves

I hate taking days off but I know I have to....what do you guys recommend??

Well just curious but why would you want to work certain muscle groups only once a week and others twice a week??? The only body part that myself and most others I know work twice or so a week would be calves and abs. Why work bis and chest twice a week and leave tris and back only at once a week??? IF your trying to get them to grow bigger by working them twice a week you must consider the overtraining factor.

if you want a routine like that i would go with the following, though if i was you i would adjust it to whatever best fits your schedule:

mon:chest, bis
tues:back, tris, calves
wed:rest
thurs:chest, bis
fri:rest
sat: quads,hamstrings,calves
sun:shoulders

It all depends on you the person. Try out different things and
figure out what works for you. Personally, I train everything twice
a week, but some of the bigger guys can actually get better results
with once a week workouts. If you get enough sleep each night, you
could be ok to go twice a week each body part.

I have had heated arguments with people who INSIST that no-one needs to train anything more than once a week.....

Well I have absolute proof that for ME that isn't true.

I was doing a 2x/week every part total overtaining routine and guess what? My chest and biceps were growing great (I forced my wife to measure me every week).....of course since these are the muscles you notice in the mirror I thought my whole routine was perfect.

Then I switched to a once a week genuinely heavy/intense routine everything once a week. It was totally kick ass!! I spent almost no time in the gym...my squat jumped, my intensity was great (I actually have to sit down between sets and catch my breath) and my legs/back/tris started growing.

Great! Even happier b/c now I could see all these other muscle groups growing.....BUT (and now it's been 3 weeks) when I make my wife measure now my arms are 1/2 smaller and my chest is just lagging (it used to be my best body part.)

I am thinking now that I must have different proportions of different types of muscle fibers in various muscle groups.....sooooo I want to try a hybrid routine and see what happens. It sounds unscientific but my "gut" is that this is true for me.....I've think I've learned alot from the whole thing but I want to GET BIG!!! I'm dying to start my first cycle (sust only) but I don't want to do it until I hit a plateau for at least 3 weeks and hav perfect training/nutrition/sleep/cardio (just a little).

You know your body best. But for me I could never train chest twice every week. Its usualy sore for at least 4 days. As for bi's I have had sucess traning them 2 every week before.

Top Bottom