Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On training the female sprinter...

SofaGeorge

I originally posted this on the Women's Board... but it only got one response (a good one!) so I am reposting it here.

Last year I sort of accidentally got drafted into playing host-Dad to a 16 year old German girl who had come to America as a foriegn exchange student. The experience turned out to be a really good one, so this year I am going to be doing it again.

My assigned "daughter" is another 16 year old girl from Germany. I've already gotten several letters from her and she seems like a really smart, motivated, cool kid. She went to a sports boarding school for a year, and wants to go out for volleyball, basketball, and track while she is here in America.

I wrote her that I run most mornings with my dog George, and she has asked me if I will run with her and work with her on her track training.

I'm really looking forward to it. I have a lot of experience working with women atheletes. I haven't worked with anyone serious about their training since my wife... and it is something that I really miss.

My problem is:

I don't have a clue about women's track... and more specifically sprinter training.

If she is interested in focusing on say the 100 yard dash... what is an appropriate training routine? Days on? Days off?

Can anyone point me towards a good book or website that will give me a basis in working with a young female sprinter? Or post some of your own training background and routines?

It would be much appreciated.

I don't know where you'd start. I THINK Flash from AF is a sprinter, in fact I'm almost positive. I'd go over there and ask or email him.

Top Bottom