Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

on juice/donating blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't accept blood if you have used needles "recreationnally". It's not a matter of hormones in your body it's more a matter of diseases like AIDS...

like big any said its only a concern because of the lifestyle associated with IV drug use (dirty needles, sex in exchange for heroin etc...) the hormones in the small amount of blood they would take is negligable and wont hurt anyone. They only test donated blood for HIV, Hepatitis B and Possibly Hep C now). I wouldnt worry about donating unless you think you have come in contact with these diseases in the past year (it can take a year to seroconvert after HIV exposure). Depending what your on it doesnt matter if you stop now, a month from now you can have the same stuff still floating around.

tests can accelerate cancer growth. if that is of issue when giving blood, i do not know.

i'd just be honest with your doc. you can insturct him to keep what you talk about between the two of you.

the odd's of only you being a match and nobody else in the famliy are slim.

if he can't use your blood, then they will get it from the blood bank. before my last operation, i donated blood to myself should i have needed it. but this being cancer, that's most likely not an option.

good luck to your father.

thats true that hormones can accelerate cancer growth but we are talking micrograms of stuff in 250 ccs of blood. Also, why does the family have to donate, the chance of getting something like HIV from bank blood is only 1 in 2 million. Odds are pretty safe. In any case if you feel more comfortable stopping then I would. Good luck and God be with your friend and his family.

If your relative has Cancer and needs blood ..Just donate without mentioning it..The doctor will see if the Hemoglobin or Hematocrit is too high before he transfuses and he will just say no if it is.

I'm sure he is not going to yell at you for wanting to donate blood..
Gee's Is everyone on this Website 20 years old?

Why are we bumping a 12 year old thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom